Do the imacs have nice displays?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CaptainCaveMann, Jan 14, 2007.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

How does everyone like their iMac display? Is it of ACD quality? Any grain or un even backlighting? I would see for myself but i have absolutely no time to go to the apple store. :confused:

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Even backlight, brighter and sharper than my Dell display. Yea they're very decent.

4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

very bright, mine is usually down to at least half brightness lol, which is good!

5. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

dont think they're quite ACD quality... I think theres a different response time?

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Image quality is inversely proportional to response time.

What do you want? Image quality? Response time? Both is not an acceptable answer.

7. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

I had a twenty inch imac for about a week, no dead pixels, pretty ok colour (a bit washed out using the standard profile), however it had the most outrageously uneven backlight, since then ive seen a few more (in stores) and they seem ok, although you can only see this sort of thing in the dark anyway. here are some photos that i took of my imac in anothoer thread...

Attached Files:

8. gavd macrumors 6502a

I've got a G5 and have no problems with uneven backlighting or graininess. :)

9. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

My iMac (Intel C2D), has no grain, no dead pixels, no uneven lighting.

10. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

my iMac G5 has a GORGEOUS display! i love it!

11. buffalo macrumors 65816

I can't find any faults on my G5 iMac's display. Seems very nice and sharp to me!

12. MSM Hobbes macrumors 6502

From what I understand during my research, the 24" version is the only one that has two light sources, helping to keep more even lighting.

Also, if you really need critical work, besides getting min of 2GB of RAM and possibly upgrading the video card, might look at acquiring a Gretag-Macbeth Eye One Display 2 or Monaco OPTIX XR monitor profiling kit.

Haven't really calibrated mine yet, but,,, to date, I very much am in awe by this screen. :)

13. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The 24" iMac has the best display i've seen across the line. Its brighter and crisper and when i looked at the 20" beside it i was surprisingly less than impressed. Brightness was low and image quality was just not happening.

Same thing goes for the ACDs, however, maybe the refreshed versions (which i doubt was what was being displayed) might tell another story.