Do these results make such a difference?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CrackedButter, Oct 4, 2003.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I'm looking at the results from barefeats with regard to the 2 15" PB's. Do the results matter that much?

I would only be using a machine like this for photoshop and maybe some indesign. A few games as well like Warcraft 3 and Sim City 4.

http://www.barefeats.com/al15.html

Remember however its just between the 2 15's, but if you mention others i will listen.

2. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Didn't you already get the 1.25? I say go 1.25 with a gig of ram (at least). Maybe a 1 GB stick purchased seperately and get it with one stick of 256 from Apple. That way you just have to get one more stick of 1GB to upgrade later.

3. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Did you not get my private message? I cancelled the order, i felt it was better to wait after hearing so much about quality control issues and i might as well save myself the money and wait for panther if it comes out this month.

4. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

oops, I hardly ever read PMs ;P

I say still go with the 1.25Ghz. It's smart waiting for Panther though. Maybe it could be a Christmas present for yourself? I wonder how long it'll be for rev. B (unless you count the currents at rev. E) to come out?

5. advres Guest

advres

buy the standard 1.25 - in two weeks apple will be selling their 1GHZ RAM to the public and soon after market suppliers will be making theirs and for a **** load cheaper. Apple RAM goes for (on an average) 5X more money than aftermarket. just deal with the 512 for a few weeks and then upgrade yourself.
    As far as panther goes - what are you expecting? - a free toaster? jag is fine as long as its 10.2.7 - don't go to 10.2.8.

I personally feel for the common user that panther is just going to be a ploy to waste more money - stick with what works. - just my $0.02