Do Things, Pages, Numbers, etc. ever go on sale?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Shoechick, Dec 23, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2010
    Wondered if these types of Apps ever go on sale like the Games do?

2. macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2009
    None of the ones you mentioned have ever gone on sale. As for the Apple ones, it seems unlikely they ever will. In the case of Things, it's been available for at least a couple of years, and I've never noticed it on sale. Others of that 'type', yes, will go on sale as with any other App Store item.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 15, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. Now I know I won't wait if I want them.
  4. macrumors newbie

Dec 20, 2010
    Reston, Va.
    Try Appshopper, it keeps track of app prices and can let you know if an app you want drops in price.
  5. macrumors 68000

Jan 17, 2008
    Seaford VA
    Or wait for an iTunes giftcard for Christmas. Then it's free. :)
  6. macrumors 604

Feb 23, 2010
    And for some reason, they almost never get any updates either :(

Feels as if Apple as so stretched trying to do too many things at once that they just don't have time.
  7. macrumors regular

Feb 26, 2010
    The great State of Maine
    I worry about that too, sometimes. They seem to like to keep their teams small, and apparently pull engineers off one project (e.g. Final Cut Pro) to work on something else that has to ship sooner. The Remote app didn't get updated for over a year because it was developed by one guy, and that guy was busy doing other stuff.

But then also I ask myself, how often to things like Pages on the Mac get updated? Not so often, I think. But the updates are pretty significant when they happen. So far, the updates to the iWork apps on the iPad have been pretty trivial. So I'm hoping maybe a bigger jump is about to happen, coinciding with the release of iWork 11 in the Mac App Store. In a little over a week, right?