Do Tigers lay Eggs? (Easter Eggs that is?)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by James Philp, Jun 2, 2005.

1. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

So what are the easter eggs in Tiger? Are there any? I haven't heard anything on these forums so far?! :confused:

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Are there any easter egGs on Panther? Why should they exist in tiger?

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

The word is that Stevie boy cracked down on easter eggs when he returned to Apple. There were certainly a lot more in the pre-OS X days – I haven't heard of any buried away in Tiger yet.

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

my guess is no. a few years ago, certain govermental agencies had a policy of not having any undocument software features in it's computer. hence, microsoft couldn''t put easter eggs in windows. moreover, it was large industry change for the most part as well. why give up a big goverment contract because your software contains a little gag from a buntch of overworked, over caffinated developers.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Windows has no undocumented software features? You're joking, right?

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:D

Well, it depends on whether you're talking about how it works or how it's supposed to work!

On the OS X front...well, a bunch of undocumented stuff has come out. All kinds of stuff like the swirling reload of widgets and the cmd-ctrl-D dictionary interface and stuff were originally undocumented, AFAIK... Putting widgets on the desktop is another example. But I don't know if that's an issue of laziness or wanting to maintain the perception that OS X is intuitive and doesn't need user docs.

But if you're looking for stuff more in the prank realm, which I guess is what really constitutes an Easter Egg, I haven't really heard of anything....

7. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Adobe has some

If you have Illustrator CS, click on the drop down menu on the bottom left of your document window while holding down the option key. I think it's cool, and more companies should do it. Let's not be so serious all the time! :D

Attached Files:

8. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

no

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=23057&DisplayTab=Article

http://www.jang-group.com/thenews/mar2005-weekly/us-04-03-2005/p8.htm
    http://www.conv-tech.com/0104Newz/012004newsP4.htm

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Well, I guess in MS's defense, it's all fun and games until Bush and Cheney think that you're part of the axis of evil! :eek: ;) :D

10. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

bahahaha :D