Do U love Apple?

Discussion in 'Community' started by applemacdude, Apr 30, 2003.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

You know some people just ues macs, and some worship them...

Do u love the company, the products or do u just use em?

I worsip my mac, If I ever got a new pc ill sell it and buy a mac with the money:)

2. litosclone macrumors member

I would say I Love My Mac!!
    I have a G4-Quicksilver & 17 PB. I must admit I do love the Powerbook more...
    but don't tell Quicksilver;)

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

it is irrational to love a company. Apple is like every other corporation. They are run by greedy, profit driven people. Their responsibility is to their shareholders, not to their customers. If makign the customer happy helps the bottom line, then they'll do it, but not otherwise.

That doesn't mean that they don't make good products and that there isn't some good underlying philosophy behind what they do. I like what they do and thats why I'm a mac user, but an emotional attachment to a company that would just as soon empty your bank account if you're willing to let them is irrational.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I prefer to use an Apple Mac w/ OS X over Windows, but I dont love them....it's *just* a computer after all.

5. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I concur. It IS irrational to love a company. Apple is like every other corporation.

What are people thinking?

Oh.

That's right! Like myself, a lot of people here DO love Apple. I guess I'm just irrational. :D

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

C'mon boys, this is a religious question:D

As I've said before, you will take my PowerBook only when you pry my cold, dead fingers from it...

If you didn't love 'em you wouldn't use the overpriced bast*rds;)

7. void macrumors 6502

No I hate Apple thats why I spend all of my time on this stupid apple website

(For all of you slow people, this is sarcasm)

8. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

of course I love apple!:D

thats why i come to macrumors every day! :D

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I love my Mac, looking forward to using it everyday! ;) My love for Apple will grow with the release of the PPC 970!

11. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I will not be spock-like in saying it is irrational to love a computer.

Love is such a strong word... I like the computers alot, but I love the way I use my computer.
    Apple is a good company, sure its main focus it to make money, but all of their products are made well, and for all specific purposes. All well done, and they really care.

12. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I think they are the best company, I visit there site Daily, help out there message boards. I use one, live breath and adore them. I own many Apple products myself. I help them out wherever possible. It this love? if it is then I don't care

13. iGav macrumors G3

Apple are cool as f**k!!

I couldn't do what I do in the way that I do without them!!

Apple are cool as f**k!! ;)

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

So...basically...Apple are cool as f**k then? lol! :D

15. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah i love apple, i love their computers. and that is why i am apples bitch, and that is why i have a perfectly good 5gb ipod and a 15gb in the mail.

iJon

16. iGav macrumors G3

Ummmmm.... that's just about the gist of it... heh-heh-heh!! :p :p :p

17. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    oh boy

haha, yeah i wouldn't say i love apple, or even lust ;) but i would say i do have a strong sense of loyalty towards them.

WinterMute ... ~shakes my head~ i think i'm gonna start a thread on how many times you mention your new 17 incher :D ;) :p

18. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

19. iGav macrumors G3

heh-heh.... that sounds so dirty... heh-heh!

20. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Well, all "irrational to love a company" aside, I used to love them a lot more than now. Perhaps it's because I've changed; but to me it seems like Apple's product line has less personality than ever-- The old beige boxes were a little boring design wise, but they seemed so much cooler and more cutting-edge. I know that doesn't make sense but... I remember the first time I saw a PB3400, or hell the first PowerPC Mac... I remember how cool the LC was, because it was so tiny with the monitor designed for it... And how sleek the Apple Mouse II seemed at first (i couldn't afford one lol)...

Maybe it's that i've lost my zeal when dealing with PC freaks (i refuse to argue anymore)... Tho I would not use anything but Macs now, I don't know that i'm as enchanted...

pnw

21. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Well I'm enchanted by my cute lil' iBook :)

No one else makes anything that looks even close to it. I mean - a white laptop? Covered in plexiglass? With the glowy apple when it's on and the "breathing" light when it's sleeping? It's rad, dude!

22. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

apple makes great gear but is famous for stupid business decisions from time to time and is run by a ceo who may take the company up a notch or may crash it altogether in an instant

i guess it is entertaining to watch a cult leader try and run a company while it somehow produces the best gear for the consumer year after year

at the very least, it's entertaining

my ibook is the coolest recent product since the mazda miata or low fat fast foods:p

23. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

OK, I'll buy that it's irrational to love a company...but...Apple responsible to their shareholders?!?

:D HA! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

Anyone here hold Apple stock?

:D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

Hoo, boy :p

That's a funny one!

To be honest, if I wasn't buying a house I would have bought back all the shares I sold, sub-$14 is a steal....but I wouldn't expect Apple to be any more responsible with my money then they've ever been....but I digress.

Yes, I love Apple. And hate them. Kind of like you would with your dog if it was handsome, sweet, loyal, and smart, and had been with you since you were five, but just happens to crap on your doorstep once a week and eats really really expensive dog food, plus you have to watch in horror as it finds creative ways to escape its boundaries and run into traffic constantly.

You might want to kick that goddamned dog, but you'll still love him.

24. Mblazened macrumors regular