Do we expect any after xmas sales at the Apple stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by micsaund, Dec 21, 2006.

1. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

Hi all!

I'm looking to grab a MacBook and have a choice between edu discount online and buying it non-edu from an Apple Store while in Denver over the upcoming Christmas holiday.

I'm wondering if the Apple Stores offer any kind of 10% off deal like they did for "black Friday" except on the day after xmas, or perhaps any other deals. The edu discount is around 10% and if I can grab it in my hot little hands in-person at the store for the same price, I'd rather do that. Have there been any inklings of after-xmas sales that I would be interested in?

Thanks!
    Mike

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

99% unlikely to happen. its not the way apple works, still sorta surprised that they have a black friday sale.

you can get your education discount in store btw on hardware purchases i believe.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

4. interlaced macrumors 6502a

interlaced

I'm pretty sure there won't be a sale. Get your educational discount at the store -- just show them your school ID.

5. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

yeah. dont count on a sale just being your id to a store.

6. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Someone else posted a thread saying there are supposedly clearance sales at Apple Stores which aren't advertised.

7. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

What you generally find is a table of returned and refreshed items (plus some things the store wants to get rid of) at a small discount. It is not really a sale and you will do better with an educational discount. But if you don't have an educational discount, and they have what you want, it is better than full price.

8. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

What others have said. Dig the refurb prices on iBook G4's -- still comparable with the price of a MacBook.

Apple's prices just don't get any better than refurbs and student discounts.

9. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

As others have said, don't hold your breath waiting for an Apple sale. When they do come along, they tend to be pretty lame. Personally, I only buy refurbished Apple products, because that is the only way to get a better price. (Yes, I can get a government or edu discount because of my job and school, but they are pretty lame when compared to the refurb prices).

10. edmcgee macrumors newbie

You CAN get the Educational discount on apple product in a retail Apple Store. If your a faculty, staff or student, just show them your college I.D. You will get the discount.
    I have done this many times.

Eddie