Do you embed lyrics into your music?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Jack Flash, Apr 7, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

I have been tossing this idea around for a bit but it seems almost too daunting to attempt. After meticulously managing the ID3 data of my 5000+ songs and embedding artwork for each track, is it possible to quickly ad accurately retrieve lyrics for all of my songs?

2. macrumors newbie

Embedding Lyrics

It's possible and isn't that tricky but quality can be patchy. The two options I have used for OS X are as follows:

1. Pearlyrics - Now no longer developed but very good while it lasted. You can set it against a playlist and it just runs through each song looking for lyrics. I used to use it all the time but, now on Leopard and the new version of iTunes, it seems to have caught a cold. Search on Google to find a copy.

2. GimmeSomeTune http://www.eternalstorms.at/gimmesometune/index.html. This is a really straightforward way of getting lyrics and covers for music. Probably worth a look.

Note that not all lyrics can be found and you can easily write or get hold of an iTunes script to give you a new playlist of all songs without lyrics. This makes whittling down your lyric-less songs far easier....

Hope this helps.

3. macrumors 68020

techlover828

here's a great app called curripio which tags songs with lyrics, It was able to do about a thousand songs in 20 minutes and I've yet to find a mistake. good luck