Do you ever read threads in the wasteland?

Discussion in 'Community' started by garzy, May 13, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Some of them are hilarious, because they are so crazy or off topic.

2. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think I've got way too many posts that have ended up in the wasteland. :eek:

But yes, some of the posts are funny in a sad way. ;)

3. macrumors G4

Hell, I've been responsible for a few of them!

4. thread starter macrumors regular

especially the ones from people who have had accounts deactivated or have been banned...

like that guy shrek... he was a total ass

5. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

i do.....

6. macrumors 6502

How did he get banned? Was there an incident?

7. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

well...before they get dumped in there sure...

but other than that...I don't read them...

I doubt any of us do... ;)

8. macrumors 6502a

i like more the wasteland of macosx.com :) normal users can't see it.. ;) :p

9. macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Mods

When did he get banned? I seem to remember having just ignored a snide comment from him recently.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

i think he got banned for a thread he started saying god hated gays

he was so annoying
    he was a pc lamer that complained he wanted to switch but that apples hardware was too slow and expensive

11. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

He's been gone awhile now...
    Shrek was [​IMG] in his last thread We Should Have a Religious Forum

and you can search out his second to last thread, which didn't help. :eek:

12. macrumors 68020

mymemory

I do not know how I have not being banned in almost two years, I have been a pain for lots of people.

But still... Veronica, that avatar of yours is sick! I wanted to have a cyber-something with you and you turned evil:mad:

BTW, where is the wasteland?

13. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

i like to read the wasteland every once in a while just to see whats in there.

14. macrumors P6

wdlove

Actually I didn't think we could view threads in the wasteland! Once they are more than a month old they wouldn't of any current value or interest! ;)

15. macrumors 65816

Taft

I occasionally go back through old threads that I found interesting and notice they have been moved to the Wasteland. Then I go prowling around in there to see all of the crap that gets posted around here.

There were a few threads that never made it to the Wasteland, unfortunately. Like when 3777 went out with a bang screaming at all the lefties on the boards. At least one of those threads was completely deleted, much to my disappointment.

But there are some classics still around. Like diorio leaving (I'll let you find it). Oh the insults he dealt out on that thread! I guess it just shows how divisive this war has been for people on these boards.

Taft

16. macrumors 6502a

springscansing

I personally am an agnostic, and I think Shrek was 100% fine with his religious thread... not that it matters.

17. macrumors 65816

Taft

Which one? The 'God hate homosexuals' thread or the 'lets make a religious forum' thread.

I think sometimes if you cause enough problems for long enough, you might get banned. I'd guess thats what happened here.

Taft

18. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Shrek was banned a month or two ago - basically for not listening to the mods and continuing to cause us excess work cleaning up after him. And it was actually the second time he was banned, he got a second chance a blew it.

But he Wasteland does have some classic stuff ;) I've got a few posts that ended up tagging along with the threads down there.

D

19. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

1. aside from the stuff you guys saw in the forums, there were private issues between Shrek and the mods. His views on gays notwithstanding, i'm glad he's gone. At the risk of stirring things up, don't believe his "MR is religiously persecuting me" claims. :rolleyes: Not to speak for Arn but MR is open to all people who are tolerant of each other, regardless of ANY such things.

2. never read through the wasteland, might be fun sometime :) aw hell, i barely have the time to read the open forums... ah well...

kind of interesting that the closest thing we have to regular trolls (spikey and john123 kind) is that PC Clone guy, and he's just ... well, most of you have seen his enlightening posts. Haven't even seen inhale420 around anymore. Good work mods :)

pnw

20. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

yeah - shrek wasn't banned because of his religious views... he was banned because he caused too many problems.

The bottom line is if you end up causing too much unncessary work for myself or the mods, you will get banned.... :)

arn

21. macrumors 603

The wasteland is one of the first places I visit when I come to the forums.

Usually there is someone posting some duplicate threads about news about a new product. The Macrumors News thread has far to many "newbie" posts, as well as "first posts", and I don't feel like going through that again.

Plus the duplicate threads have a direct link anyways. :)

Oddly enough I forgot today.

Edit: mymemory, you can get some more of Ms. V's avatar (a bigger view) when you buy
    Spoonguard!

A classmate showed me the link.

22. macrumors 603

shadowfax

i go back and check out the geek thread now and then to reference stuff, but otherwise, no,i just read threads that later get put in the wasteland. apparently i have about 400 posts in the wasteland, though...

23. macrumors 68000

Stelliform

OK, Now I see it... :) I have been really wondering what her avatar is.

Sun Baked:

creative way to slip in your pic. I have been looking for an opening to my dead horse image.

See.... :D :D

Attached Files:

24. macrumors 604

scem0

A few!??!?! :eek: :eek:

A lot I would say :D. But In my opinion you always changet them for the better.

MR is REALLY good - a bowl of Ramen noodled - and people like vniow are the spice! :D

I occasionally look at a wastelanded thread when I am directed to one by another thread, but I usually stay on the current threads.

25. macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

going to the wasteland after being off the boards for a few days is always fun. anyone remember the "tetrahedron" threads? those were a blast.

since i don't participate in the political threads too much anymore, i find the wasteland is an easy way to catch up on what goes on over there...