Do you ever wonder what if you were never born?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Frisco, Dec 18, 2012.

1. macrumors 68020

Not me.

I am just asking. I think for many people the suffering that they have to endure everyday--maybe they wish they were never born? The really not well off.

But what about the Middle Class--just going to you job day to day? Maybe they feel the same way?

I guess even the wealthy can feel this way too.

Does anyone wish they were never born to not have to deal with life?

2. macrumors 65816

I do, often.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

Is life a gift or a curse?

4. macrumors 68020

sviato

If you were never born you wouldn't be able to want to never be born.

5. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

I never think about that.

6. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Everyday. But that's because I was born with issues and have lived with them ever since. Everyone would be happier without me, especially my parents. :eek: So much money wasted on surgery, and so much more needed. Definitely a curse for me.

7. thread starter macrumors 68020

No I am sure you are a blessing to your parents and everyone else in your life. Please realize your parents and those close to you are you glad you are here.

It's not about $$. I have 3 cats--2 of which have diabetes and it costs me a fortune to take care of them, but I have never regretted getting them. In fact I love them even more. And I am sure the same holds true for your parents.

Love is not based money.....and if it is...it's not true love.

8. macrumors regular

I did, every day for 7 years. Then I got better.

9. thread starter macrumors 68020

Glad to hear it.

10. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Ehh, I wish that was the case. It's not. :eek: But oh well.

11. thread starter macrumors 68020

Sorry to hear that. You will always have us on Macrumors and other places as friends.

12. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well after the procedures you need.

I do think about it from time to time just to try and visualise how the lives of the people in my life would be without me there. Not necessarily because I'm having a bad day or anything like that, my mind just wonders sometimes.

13. macrumors G3

Huntn

Ok, is it wishing you were never born or wondering what it (??) would be like if you were never born. I see a huge distinction. I'm thinking the former. Why wish that? Someone with this thinking is saying their life is so bad they wish it never happened. Is that wishing for nonexistence or hoping for some unknown alternate life? If the former, I'd say in most cases the individual needs an attitude adjustment. The experience of living a human life is like a little adventure. Make the most of it and turn it into a positive, not a downer! Just an opinion... Yeah I know, easy for me to say. : )

14. macrumors G5

leekohler

No, I wouldn't care, because I would not be alive in the first place.

15. iMacC2D, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012

macrumors 6502

iMacC2D

I was raised in a working class family. We didn't always get along, my parents marriage deteriorated and it created tension within the family that made it very unpleasant at times. I had issues at school, I never really had many friends, but I had plenty of people who were out to cause problems for me. When I started high school, I was attacked twice in my first few weeks after one of my relatives from the troublesome side of the family, who was also attending the same school, saw to it that his friends made life hell for me. It wasn't until I switched to my third high school that life began to look up a little. Then the family split and I ended up without a high school diploma and almost homeless for a while at age 18. I had to support the remainder of my family, find a job, relocate to a new home on the very outskirts of town and start all over again.

I never wished that I never existed though. There simply wasn't enough time to. I had to turn issues into affirmative action, or risk falling further.

I eventually found some incredible people who stood by my side and brightened up my life. When I moved far away, those closest friends by chance moved with me. When things became difficult financially, we restructured our spending and made it work. I had to commute for 2 hours a day to get to work, but I persisted, and it eventually paid off when I had enough to relocate into the heart of the city and start again on much better terms. I still consider those years to be the most character building years of my life so far.

I'm 21 now. These days, I still face challenges. I work as an Apple Technician, but I don't feel truly inspired by my job, and it feels incredibly tedious. I've always been single. I have studies ahead of me that will be difficult, but not impossible. I have a lot of rebuilding to do to get to where I want to be. I always look forward to my future though and now, more than ever, I'm confident that I'm headed on the right track.

Whether you faced difficulties growing up, from environment, health issues, living arrangements or people you had to deal with, it's important to remember that the people that have constantly had to battle their way through are the ones with the most experience, character and personality. Some are our best and brightest, some are our most resilient and determined.

16. macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Your writing displays intelligence, moral character, and clarity of thought...all at such a young age. You won't get lost in life.

17. macrumors 6502a

Grey Beard

Do you wonder what the world would be like if "He" had never been born?

KGB:cool:

18. macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

My family would live in a bubble of self-absorbed smugness and never experience baffled irritation from my prickliness.