Do you go to any other Forums?

Discussion in 'Community' started by sjpetry, Feb 14, 2005.

1. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Do you go to any other Forums or is MacRumors the only one? It doesn't have to be about Mac or computers. MacRumors will always be my favorite. :)
    I go to a new site called Mac4iPod, it new (I'm a Mod there). :)

~Just courious.

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You mean... there are other forums out there? :eek:

I have a peek at quite a few as the mood takes me but the main ones are the forums over at MacNN (mainly the PowerMac and GUI boards), Snopes and Fortean Times – the latter two more than satisfying my required daily fix of weird stuff.

However, MacRumors is the only forum I'm actually signed up to. :)

4. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

The forum I frequented before Macrumors (and have over 3,000 posts) was Gone Gold. But that site went to site heaven in October of last year. Now the only forum I really post in is here, but I also occasionally lurk and post at www.consolegold.com (a sister site to the late Gone Gold... :( )

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its mainly just macrumors for me, i like and enjoy all of the topics here and we have a wide variety of members and ideas so i guess i will just stick with this place, plus its awesome!

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Question is:

Do you use the same name in each forum you hang out in?

I use a different one for each forum I visit:

www.prepressforums.com
    www.digitalspy.co.uk
    www.quark.com
    www.macosxhints.com

And also three other forums which shall remain nameless, one of them work-related...

MR is my current fave because of the variety and depth of topics, and also the quality of its members and their contributions. :)

8. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

http://forum.macformat.co.uk/

UK based Forum that sprang out from the well establised magazine of the same name.

Not as big as Macrumors but dosn't bet bogged down with posts that have 200+ replies either.

Well worth a look.

9. sjpetry thread starter macrumors 65816

sjpetry

Of course (easier to remember). :)

10. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

MacRumors is my one and only. I would feel like I betrayed if I went elsewhere.

11. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Macnn, Applelinks and AppleDiscussions are the others. I have more time (and posts) in at AppleDiscussions and continue to contribute, but have warmed to MR since coming aboard recently for two basic reasons: (1) The regulars and community here have not only shown they're knowledgeable, proficient and good to go on anything, technical, but (2) they also have a sense of humor and a "what box?" kind of free spirit which comes out in their creative and articulate postings.
    X
    P.S. I'm not suggesting we now hold hands and sing Cumbaya or anything. Just an observation.

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

13. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

14. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Why aren't the Appleinsider and ThinkSecret forums as popular as MacRumors? You'd think ThinkSecret would be popularest since they are usually the first to get the inside scoop, but no... there forums are 1/10th as busy as this forum. Why?

btw, I visit Slashdot, 2-Pop, DVINFO.net, homerecording.com, Creative Cow, Ars Technica, Revscene.net, Consumption Junction, and Lucid dream.

15. HydroMan macrumors 6502

HydroMan

Mostly Football (soccer) related boards http://www.lutonfc.com especially before and after games, I use this board to catch up on everything Mac (and more)

16. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

17. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

MacRumors ALL the way!........

.... I use to do "YourMacLife" Forums from time to time and although there are some nice people, there are also a bunch of pretentious know it all's. They would rather attack you for your lack of knowledge on a subject then help you. I think they are missing the whole point of Forums.

ON the other hand, most of the people on MacRumors Forums are the BEST! Patient and HELPFUL!

~e

18. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

www.vjcentral.com

It is a comunity for Video Jockeys (those dude that play th visuals in teh rave parties). Most of them uses Macs athe there are several softwares that regular Mac users does not know to play, punch and manipulate video in real time with the Macs, very fun stuff.

19. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

20. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    i check out rpc1.org frequently, but I mostly lurk there. Also I go to 2cpu.com quite often for info on dual processor servers and the like.

21. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

This is the only forum I post in, but I do go to other Mac rumors sites. Not really sure why I only go to this forum, guess I am just used to the way things are set up. I have also gotten used to a lot of the member names and enjoy reading everyones entries.

22. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I can't believe how many cheaters we have!! :eek: :p

It's only MR for me, I haven't got the time or inclination to join any other forum! MR was my first and still my only! :p :)