Do you go to GORE picture sites?

Discussion in 'Community' started by coopdog, Mar 16, 2004.

1. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Do any of you go to sites that freature pictures of accidents or gore? Like rotten, and verations of gore(dot)com.

Whenever I stumble across a site like this or a really gorey picture I just think, well police, firemen, and medical people see this kind of thing everyday. Most pictures are submited by emergency services anyways.

Most of that stuff doesn't effect me any more...
    One time I downloaded a video on P2P "bike crashes" I thought oh great some painfull MT. Bike crashes. Like the ones on Real TV or something. It turned out to be a video of a guy (criminal) getting his hands cut off. :( :eek: In Iraq or something. It was very upseting. Not due to the gore, but watching someone do that to someone else.

What are your opinions of gore sites, should they be able show what they do and show unauthorized pictures of dead bodies?

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Why would I want to see pictures of Al Gore? That's what I first thought from your thread title!

3. coopdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

:p

4. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    I looked rotten and gore a few times. It was pretty gross. When I started seeing bodies of babies, and a photo that was supposedly a man eating a baby, I never went back. I'd close my eyes at night and see those images. Not for me. I love kids too much, even the annoying ones.

5. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I used to look at those when people would be gathering around a computer in the lab at college...pretty gross. They dont affect me too much, except it makes me never want to ride a motorcycle...

6. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

you know, that's how they used to punish thieves in various parts of the world... maybe you've uncovered the MPAA/RIAA's newest weapon in the battle on illegal filesharing: graphic portrayals of the consequences of your actions. like those canadian cigarette packs with pictures of diseased lungs on them.

"DOWNLOAD ANOTHER METALLICA ALBUM AND SOME GUY WITH A SCIMITAR WILL LOP OFF YOUR MOUSE HAND!!"

7. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I go to consumptionjunction.com occasionally, espcially when I'm bored at a friends house (the one who referred me to the site). Stuff with babies and animals bothers me, but otherwise I find some of the stuff intresting. It's like driving past a car accident... you just check it out because of morbid curiosity. Having seen these pictures also helped me out a lot the day I was the first on the scene of a car-semi crash on highway 41. I had a good idea what to expect, and I wasn't too shocked when I got to to the driver of te car. Thanks to those sites, was able to keep my cool when I was on the phone with 911, trying to describe the driver's condition.

8. Angelus macrumors 6502

I worked in a mortuary last summer and had my share of gore.eg. suicides(by shotgun),hangings,drownings and RTA fatalities.
    The suicides freaked me out trying to figure out why someone would chose blowing their face apart as opposed to hanging. You become used to it very quickly however. So while the content doesn't bother me i still wouldn't actively seek it out.

9. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i've seen that stuff before but i don't actively seek it out. stuff with babies and animals bother me the most, but for the most part i'm not that grossed out, till i try to sleep that is.

10. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i will occasionally (a few times a year, at most) pop by rotten, just to see what's up. kind of a spectacle. many of the pics are faked/enhanced, and the one of the man eating the baby is just plain fake-- the guy did the fakes as an art project, they were doll parts stuffed with chicken. for the most part i don't think about the sites, i have nothing really against them (a bit tacky, i should say) but no real reason to visit over and over again.

i think the only real reason i visit at all is because of the taboo factor-- "you're not supposed to be seeing these photos". if society tells me i shouldn't see this kind of thing, well, i'd better decide that for myself ;)

paul

11. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Maybe this is a different thread in itself but...

If I were to commit suicide, I certainly wouldnt do it by blowing my face apart. I think I would go for the car in the garage trick. You just fall asleep...Or maybe sleeping pills.

I wouldnt trust my aim, even from point blank range with a shotgun! Kidding. But seriously, I wouldnt want my family to have to deal with a mess like that. Not to mention closed-casket and all.

Damn, I'm morbid.

Moral of the story? Dont commit suicide. If it ever gets THAT bad, buy a ticket to Hawaii and live on the beach selling sunglasses and find a barely legal polynesian to shack up with.

Damn, I'm a pervert.

12. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

1macker1

Some of the pictures here are just aweful.

www.stileprojects.com

**beware, you must be 18 or older to view this site**
    **beware, this sick has some sick videos/photos on it**

13. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reassurance. I was really hoping that was a fake, but I didn't look long and hard enough to figure it out. I just wanted my damned window closed.

14. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

My friend's wife works at the photo department at Wal-Mart in a small town south of here. The coroner came in with some film to develope. She knew he was the coroner, she just assumed it was some of his personal pictures. When she developed them, they were photos of a teenager who had commited suicide by shooting himself in the head. She was pretty torn up. I think he should have identified the film in some way, so someone who could better handle it could have processed the film.

15. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

No you're not. Your a visionary.

16. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

actually gore was boring and that is why he lost in 2000...i mean he was a part of an eight year rising economy and the best in us history...how could he lose??

actually bush sites are far more interesting, but restricting, being that you have to be at least 18 to view bush

ok ok ...i couldn't help it ;)

17. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

I purused rotton.com once because someone included a link to it here... I found that I would read the links and when the descriptions sounded too awful I couldn't bring myself to click on them. I only looked at stuff that I thought wouldn't be too gruesome.

Something about it does seem inherently wrong and perverse, but I think it's important to realize that probably a very high percentage of the photos are just fakes...

ND