Do You Guys......

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by cmaracz88, Mar 6, 2004.

1. cmaracz88 macrumors member

Remember that game for the mac several years ago, based on the trek to the pacific, where you were a pilgrim right after the american revolution?

Yes, it sounds rather broad, but apparantly this game was very famous, and I am very interested in downloading it if it's shareware. The name of the game if anyone knows would be great. Thanks.

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Duh, Oregon Trail! And i doubt you'll find anywhere to download it legally, since the company (Sierra IIRC) is still developing it.

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

And not to be all old . . . but that game existed on the Apple II.

4. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Wow, how could you not remember Oregon Trail? (link) Amazon is selling the 5th edition for $19 new, $5 used. And it works for OS X and 9.

5. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Give him a break, he's from canada, and probably didn't have it installed on every computer in his elementary school. ;)

6. evil macrumors 6502

hahah i grew up in chicago and that is so true.

7. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I remember playing it in Computers class in middle school every day. The only two good uses for the computers were that game and Tetris.

8. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

tetris

awwww... we didn't even get tetris! oregon trail took up lots of my class time in those days...

9. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

OT is still in development? is it, like, 3D cell-shaded graphics and networked multiplayer action? or am i asking too much?

10. Gaffa Bug macrumors newbie

I played OT is grammar school... the mere mention of it brings back such a nostalgic feeling. You've got smallpox.

11. Makosuke macrumors 603

Call me yet another fellow who grew up on Oregon Trail, and I even had it installed on my Apple at home, so I could play through the night. I'll probably buy the new version some day, just to see how it's evolved since those days of 16 color graphics.

Hey, you've got to admit, it was about the only game you could play in grade school that not only involved fires, drowning, starvation, and pestilence, but also shooting things with a big ol' gun.

"Mary has Typhoid"

12. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Wow, you guys actually got decent games? All I got was Wheel Of Fortune and some dumb game where some jack wad runs around for some stupid reason. As you can tell, it didn't make that much of an impression on me hense I don't remember the name of it.

13. Opteron macrumors 6502

We had a game called "gold Rush" From memory on the Apple eII, you were a gold prospector during the 1850's Australian Gold rush.
    Those we the days.

14. jakel macrumors newbie

Yes, Oregon Trail was a great game back in elementary school. But I also remember a math game called "Bomber" where you would do a page of math problems and then you would get to fly a plane and drop bombs on military targets like satelites and enemy airstrips. Each number of math problems you got correct would influence how much fuel and how many bombs and bullets you got to complete your mission.
    It was a cool game, but what a violent way to learn addition!

15. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Brings back memories of elementary school. And yes, it was installed on EVERY computer.

16. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The buffalos!!

You killed 2854 pounds of food. Unfortunately, you were only able to carry 329 pounds back to your wagon.