Do you hate it when people call it "iTouch"?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Androidfan1x, Nov 25, 2012.

What do you think about the name "iTouch" for this device?

1. I hate it / I don't like it

2. It's OK. I don't really care

3. I like it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

Oct 8, 2012
    The official name is "iPod touch" and i understand that sometimes people want to call it short "iTouch", but i hate this name, i prefer calling it iPod, because it's in fact an iPod, i guess people don't call it iPod because they think iPod is the shuffle, nano which is only used for music.
    i think iPod is a good name, and i hate "iTouch" because it sounds like you're touching someone lol, can't really explain but i don't feel good about it.

but then again apple should change the name of this iOS device, ipod usually means "music"
  2. macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
  3. Guest

Dec 7, 2010
  4. macrumors 68000

Jun 1, 2011
    Planet earth.
    Yup, another case of 'first world problems'
  5. macrumors 68000

Nov 15, 2012
    Why on earth would one care? It's just like Mac for Macintosh- everyone knows what it means, and it's shorter.
  6. macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2008
  7. macrumors 6502a

Oct 22, 2012
    I think "Itouch" is a cool name. Differentiate it from all the remaining pods. I think by saying Ipod, people refer to Ipod nano or classic because i just call my Ipod shuffle "the shuffle".

Still i dont think Ipod touch is too long of a name to call.
  8. macrumors 6502a

Jul 25, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    I really don't care.

It's just a word. They can call it touchpodI for I care.
  9. macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2012
    It doesn't really bother me because it's just a word.
  10. macrumors 68040

Jun 28, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    I like to call it that, so no, it certainly doesn't bother me when others do too!
  11. macrumors regular

Aug 1, 2011
    I don't mind if people call it "Ipod, Itouch, itouch and Touch (I don't know all the terms so incase I forgot some)" but when people call it just "touch" that I do hate since it make it harder to read fast.

When people say touch that make it harder to know what the person is talking about like it could mean touch screen depending how the user writes.

The point is saying touch can be confusing and can cause misunderstanding, at least Itouch there is no confusion and to some extend Touch since the capital T would make it obvious that the user refers to the Ipod touch, but touch that can be confusing since the user could mean anything.
  12. macrumors 601

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    It helps me determine if the person is a Noob or not. Other ways include when someone types "MAC" and Apple computer.
  13. macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Not really. I know people who have been using an Apple computer for well over a decade and they refer to it as an iTouch.
  14. macrumors 6502a

Dec 21, 2011
    Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Can't stand it. It has a name, and it isn't iTouch.

This is an iPod Touch

This is an itouch
  15. macrumors regular

Jun 9, 2011
    No. I hate myself for opening this pointless thread.
  16. macrumors 6502

Aug 1, 2012
    Naming Conventions

If you get caught up on what people call things then that's a bit of a problem.
    I'm saying that from experience of course .. heh hehh. :p You'll get over it.

When I first heard people saying iTouch I thought what on earth are you talking about. Then it was annoying for a short period of time. Then you realise that no one conforms to naming standards, not even Apple, so no point in letting it bug you. Just kinda accept it.

I mean if iTouch is annoying then you probably also get annoyed with people calling devices 4G and 5G instead of 4th gen and 5th gen? People started doing this because of the iPhone 3G, they thought 3G meant 3rd gen which of course it wasnt.
    But then Apple further confused everyone by calling the 6th gen iPhone the iPhone 5. What the!

Yes, it's all a little annoying but hey, thats life (or should I say "that's iLife"). :p

If anything, the fact that people say iTouch is because they probably like the idea of the shortened name with an i in the front, such as iMac, iPad, iLife and iPhone.
    Thus we get: iTouch, iNano, iShuffle

The band Divinyls had a hit song back in the 90's (I think??) called iTouch Myself. Whenever someone says iTouch I always think of that song ... and I have a bit of a chuckle. :p
  17. macrumors demi-god

Feb 26, 2011
    New England, USA
    It must be really nice if this is all you have to worry about.

Or even think about...
  18. Moderator

Staff Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Southampton, UK
    MOD NOTE: This has been discussed at length previously.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.