Do you have a iWeb website or blog?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nekkid Fish, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Nekkid Fish macrumors member

If so, do you have it password protected?

I'm just curious how secure they are. as I had a WordPress Blog before, and it got hacked into. :(

I'd really like to have it not password protected, but I don't want to lose all my work (again) if it's not real secure.

Thanks bunches! Jules

2. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

Hi there,

I have a blog that I host on .Mac servers via iWeb. If I understand your query correctly, I don't think you have to worry about someone hacking into .Mac's servers and stealing your hard work; it is afterall Apple's servers, and I doubt that Apple would maintain servers that could be easily compromised. More importantly and more to the point, iWeb will store your material on your own hard disk, too, and if someone manages to access the server, you'll never lose your own material because it will always exist on your own hard disk (so long as you back it up). :) I hope that is the information you're looking for. If I'm off the mark, let me know, and I'll try again. :)

I encourage you then to blog away and have fun with iWeb. It's a great program and quite simple to use.

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i use iweb to make a blog (see sig). and i use free web hosting (freewebtown). if someone hacks into mine, there's nothing in there worth hacking into for....:eek: :apple:

4. Nekkid Fish thread starter macrumors member

Super! Thanks for the info! :)

Doc .... The deal with WordPress wasn't that the hacker hacked anything off my site, but they somehow used the 'comment' section to try and hack into some bank accounts. That made my host shut my blog down. :(

I have no idea how they did it, as I am clueless to that type of stuff, but it ticked me off! :yup:

HUGz! Jules

5. Nekkid Fish thread starter macrumors member

Okay ... now this is weird!

All I did was to take off the password protect my iWeb site ... and added one page ... just text.

Now it says I need to buy more space, as I don't have enough.

However, my iDisk shows I've only used 107 MB of 482 MB.

How would taking off the password protection change the space size?

HUGz! Jules

6. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

Good Question

I do not use iWeb as I want to host my own website and there is no simple way to do that yet. But that is a very good question.

7. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

1. Build your website with iweb.

2. Then publish to a folder on your computer. Option is found just under publish to .mac.

3. Then use CyberDuck ftp program (or any ftp program) to log into your personal website. Make sure you are in the public_html folder on the website.

4. Then drag the folder that iweb created on your computer into the public_html folder on CyberDuck.

Once upload completes, just open a browser and type in your web address.

i do this all the time. Works great!

Best,

Brian

8. mark476p macrumors newbie

Is it possible to upload a website created in Dreamweaver to a .Mac account?