Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
Ashapalan said:
in order of priority!
1, A dog
2, 2 horses
3, 5 tortoises
4, 2 rabbits
5, 3 indian runners (ducks that stand upright)
6, 2 guinea pigs
7, 10 goldfish (outside in a small well mock up)

Glad to see someone else has guinea pigs. Love the little guys. I currently only have one, but he's a sweety.

The coolest thing about the guinea pigs I've had is that they are much smarter than people think. He's very good at communicating when he wants or needs something (he'll rattle the water bottle around when I walk in if he's out of water), and I've taught all of my guinea pigs how to shake hands (well, put their little paw on my finger tip). He even went as far as to actively try shaking hands when he wants fresh veggies. Plus, they are fairly low maintenence.

JupiterTwo

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2003
GB
Two Clown fish, a chalk bass and (if it counts), my parents' golden retriever Sam :)

Attachments

• Image-C19D6F1E49D711D8.jpg
    Image-C19D6F1E49D711D8.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 66

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
wdlove said:
Cosmos, Petite Basset Griffin Vendeen, 5 years old. Or PGBY for short. :D
How do you get PGBY :confused: :p

We have two dogs (yellow lab Colby from a breeder, black lab Pepper that we adopted) and a Betta (Baby, that we inherited from a friend).

Attachments

• Dogs.jpg
    Dogs.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 54

Kalinatek

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2005
hmmmm

i had :

-4 Dwarf Hamsters
-1 Small Crocodile (Yup!)
-2 Love birds or whatever they r called
-A lot of Goldfish and other species of smaller/colored ones
-1 Cat
-40 Little Frogs
-Different types of lizzards (collected by me!)
-4 tortoises

Sadly they all died :(

my brother had 2 African Grey Parrots he got them from the UK while we were on vacation, he kept them for a long time then sold them coz he didnt have the time anymore to take care of them..

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
mactastic said:
Lol... now my wife wants a goat.
A friend of mine, whose family lived out in the country a bit, had a goat. I'm not sure how good of a pet a goat would make, but they are really funny animals!

Very sorry to hear about your cat. We've had our cat Oscar for a little over ten years, and raised him from a kitten. You can't help but get attached to the little guys (or gals).

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
im_to_hyper said:
I have three cats: Boo (AKA: Boofus), Roofus (AKA Roo) <--- Those are the top two pictures...
Your cat Roo looks just like our cat Oscar, who for reasons I won't go into has acquired the nickname "Loo". ;)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I used to have sea monkeys as pets. Unfortunately to my dismay, they don't look anything like monkeys. :(

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Lacero said:
I used to have sea monkeys as pets. Unfortunately to my dismay, they don't look anything like monkeys. :(
As I recall from my childhood Sea Monkeys experiences, they don't tolerate overfeeding all that well, either. ;)

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
I have two dogs:

Tarzan (Chihuahua)2.5 years old and Newby (Chihuahua/Beagle cross)1.5 years old.

Attachments

• Tarzan.jpg
    Tarzan.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 57
  • Newby.jpg
    Newby.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 47

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
strider42 said:
Glad to see someone else has guinea pigs. Love the little guys...
...The coolest thing about the guinea pigs I've had is that they are much smarter than people think...
We used to have a guinea pig as kids but it failed a sobriety test. :(

iRachel

macrumors 6502a
Well, my family has a cat, but I don't have a pet with me at grad school - though I wish I had a cat. Problem is that I wouldn't be able to take a cat (or any other pet) home on vacations and stuff - our family cat is too territorial.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i have a cat called pudding she (or should i now say it) is a british blue shorthair and as she is a pedigree cat she get a proper name of starburst plum pudding. she is called pudding as she was the largest of the litter (and she is still pretty fat) she will dwarf most small dogs!

Nanda Devi

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
I have a beautiful short-haired gray cat named Papillon ("Papi"), after the Charriere novel. He runs the household. He's a spoiled brat who always begs for food, especially hummus. :)

Aeolius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2002
10 dogs, 6 cats, 4 birds, 2 mice, 2 rabbits, 750 gallons in saltwater aquariums (lotsa fishies), 6 horses, 1 donkey, 3 goats, 2 pigs, and 2 alpacas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.