Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Post your bad habits here!!

I'll start off..

I (unconsciously) am cracking my fingers/knuckles..

It annoys the hell out of some people, and my mum took me to the Dr's years ago and he said if I continued I would have arthritis in my hands by the time I was 30..

Well.. I'm just a shade over 30 now, and i'm going strong :)

CRACK CLICK CRACK CLICK :D

Now having said all that, I hope sods law does not apply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hear yours...

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I bite my nails. I've tried to stop by consciously telling myself, "stop biting your nails for crying out loud!" etc. but then I find myself gnawing away at times for no reason.

MultiM

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2006
TO. I've moved!
Depends on who you ask. I say "of course not!" and my wife would say "Absolutely!" Honestly, I guess I'm just a little too passive/agressive. I'm working on it though.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
My annoying bad habit is when I'm in restaurants with other people, I play with whatever's on the table -- napkins, condiments, utensils, straws, chopsticks, menu, etc.

Straw wrappers are the worst -- I usually tear them up into a million little pieces, or make weird shapes out of them. And yes, I make origami pterodactyls from paper placemats too. My worst habit is making some strange concoction from whatever's left over on my plate, whatever drink I have left, and the various condiments on the table -- mixing them all together to make something truly putrid, much to the disdain of whoever I'm dining with. :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
bit of a mad one, but if someone is trying to walk past me I'll end up going to the same direction they moved in. we both laugh, and walk on. I probably should focus more, plus I'm new to this whole city thing :D

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
I also crack my knuckles, I don't think anyone is annoyed by it though. I don't know about the athritis thing though. I heard that was a myth? Otherwise I'd slightly consider stopping, or atleast not doin it as much. I'v also recently figured out how to crack my jaw. But I tihnk I tried to do it 1 too many times and my left side got really sore. I've stopped since then.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
The ultimate taboo; if someone is eating and I'm not, I'll steal something from their plate. It's always the best looking bit, the one they're saving for last. I've stopped doing it recently, though.

I interrupt people, also.

BengalDuck

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Talk before I really think a lot of the time, sometimes I come off as an ass.

also bite my nails.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I also crack my knuckles, I don't think anyone is annoyed by it though. I don't know about the athritis thing though.

I crack my toes by curling them. :(

It annoys the hell out of some people, and my mum took me to the Dr's years ago and he said if I continued I would have arthritis in my hands by the time I was 30..

Does your doctor have a medical degree?

How many people in this world crack their knuckles? Do they all have arthritis by 30? I'll be 30 in around 4 years. I'll tell you if I get arthritis in my hands or not. ;)

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I bite my nails. I've tried to stop by consciously telling myself, "stop biting your nails for crying out loud!" etc. but then I find myself gnawing away at times for no reason.
I've been chewing my nails since I was 7 years old. Nothing my Mom ever tried (including that Thum stuff that's supposed to taste vile) could ever get me to stop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.