do you have pets?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mrjamin, Oct 12, 2003.

1. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Here's my Yorkie, his name is Cocoa (my sisters named him that...)

Attached Files:

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

5. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

they don't let us have pets here in my dorms, but i take care of my aunt's pets on the weekends often...

there's Sammy

[​IMG]

and Sydney

[​IMG]

they're hilarious; they love to play together. it's funny, Sammy, the cat, is the one that never has enough, even though she always beats him up. he always cries when we get mad that they're too rowdy and send Sydney to the backyard (Sammy can't go outside).

6. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

I have two kitties and my boyfriend captured a Chinese Mantis, which we keep as a pet also. The mantis is pretty neat, actually.

Alia

7. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

Here is one of my hamsters. His name is Tama and he gets to run around my computer desk, although he has managed to climb down the power cable a couple of times...my other hamster, Yuki, is camera shy and wil not stand still for a photo. He is all white and does not have any stripe along his back. By the way, Yuki is Japanese for Snow and a fiting name.

I guess i could rename them both G5 and iMac.

8. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

9. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Re: Naluaka

Yeah, he's great. Very active and healthy, too - he can jump about 5 feet vertically right now.

10. razorme macrumors regular

razorme

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Growing up I always had a dog. My other pets during my youth was fish, hamster, parakeet, and a cockatiel. I was able to get the cocktiel to talk.
    Now I have 3 dogs.

12. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

we have two african pygmie hedgehogs... an albino and a dwarf. we lost a second albino just a couple of weeks ago, cancer. and we lost a third a few months back. :(

considering getting a pet raccoon, not sure albino or not... i prefer albino animals (besides their striking beauty) for the fact that they wouldn't survive in nature, so it's less horrible to keep them confined.

pnw
    (in memorium switch and lilith)

13. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

14. MCPeck macrumors member

MCPeck

my kitty, her name is Luna...guess where i got that name...:D

Attached Files:

15. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i feel cursed that i watched Sailor Moon 4 years ago...

16. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

17. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

dude, that florian is a fat cat! i have a friend in Arkansas who's got a cat that looks just like that. he's a lazy bum, but a cutie.

18. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....he has since been on a bit of a diet....he had hit the 20lb plateau and could hardly jump on the bed...he has since lost a few and is a bit more active and more "normal" for his size (he has always been a "big" cat)...it was hard to keep food out for the kitten all the time when he would just vacuum it all up...now that the kitten has grown a bit I can be a bit more careful with the feeding times....oh yeah!

19. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

yeah, i can imagine. believe it or not, "our" dog Sydney will eat the cat's food if we let her in the house while it's out on the floor. it's pretty funny..

20. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

2 cats, living with my parents.

pics of them in the older thread, and here. :D

21. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

shadowfax -- is that siamese actually cross-eyed, or is it just the photo? my folks have a few dogs, and one of them is wall-eyed. (that's the opposite of cross-eyed; do other people use that expression?) it's a pretty dumb-looking dog, which is ok, because it's a pretty dumb dog.

no pets myself. i've contemplated a fishtank, but my roommate's cat does not allow for that possibility. and i don't have the spare $$$ to really support a "real" pet, unfortunately. although i'd love a dog.

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

You could purchase Marine Aquarium for your Mac. Then you could have virtual fish.

23. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Marine Aquarium is pretty cool, but I've noticed that the better your display is, the worse the picture quality seems. I guess high resolution just makes all the pixels stick out like a sore thumb if it isn't meant for high resolution viewing.

24. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

yes, siamese cats appear cross-eyed. it's one of the marks of a real siamese cat, though not all siamese cats are cross-eyed. it looks funny at first, but it doesn't affect how well he sees. his vision is much better than ours, heh. you get used to it after awhile. i hardly notice anymore, though i thought it was freaky when i first met him.