Do you have the Mac bug?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jesusphreak, May 28, 2006.

1. jesusphreak macrumors member

I found after getting my MacBook that I have all kinds of desires to buy other Macs that I never would have considered.

I was at the store today and I was thinking, "Hmm...I wouldn't mind buying an iMac for my desk." And then yesterday I was thinking about getting a Mac Mini. Furthermore the other day I was thinking about getting an Apple for my parents.

Plus I love looking up information on the old Macs - the first iMac, the Cube, etc.

I can understand why people become Mac fanatics. Apple produces an amazing OS, quality hardware, and at least in my experience, they'll do everything they can to satisfy their customers.

I am infected.

2. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

It happens to the best of us. ;)

What bothers me is when people ask me, "Why do you like Macs? They are bad."

I then simply say, "Try one." Because I know that as soon as they use a Mac, they will be hooked as every other Mac user is.

3. kevin.rivers macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

I don't know if I would be able to contain my rage if someone ever asks me that. Not because I am mad that they don't like it, but because they would have the audactiy to say something like that because 99% of the time they haven't even touched a Mac.

Which would be evident when they use general adjectives like "bad" or "buggy".

Luckily I used to be a hardcore PC guy. Not games, but building and fixing etc. So people don't usually ask me anything like that because they value my opinion :)

I don't like the "If I could afford a Mac I would get one". To which I would say, "why don't you check the prices yourself instead of listening to what everyone else thinks".

Anyhow, The Mac bug hit me a year ago, and there is no cure :D

4. iGary Guest

iGary

I've been diagnosed with Jobs Reflex Syndrome.

Anytime Steve™ announces something I want it.

5. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

I want to own at least one computer of every design apple ever made. I want an iMac G3/G4/G5/Cube/G3 Tower, G4 Tower, G5 Tower, all the PowerBooks, all the iBooks!!!

I want it all!!!! They're all such great designs.

I will never forgive steve for moving away from the iMac G4 Design.

The iMac G5 Design is a solid step backward from the G4 Design.

6. NVRsayNVR macrumors member

DUDE... your sick! :D Me too!

Me gots 3-Cubes, 1-Color Classic, 1-iBook G3, 1-iMac G4, 1-Dual 1.25 G4, 1 -17" PB 1.67, MacBook 1.83 and one MacMini! I have had 11 other Macs in addition to these and have purchased 7 iPods, 1-22" Cinema Display, 1- 15" Display, 2-17" Displays, 1-30" Alum Display and many other Apple goodies. Oh... and some Apple stock! :D

GEEZ!!! I'm Sick! Guess I'm hooked-4-life!

"Think Alike... BE Different!"

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Sometimes I consider getting a G4 Mini as a backup, but other than that, nah. My G5 Power Mac is great and I don't need portability, so.... (Also, I have a built-in, extra-strength Marketing Shield™. I am utterly impervious to marketing waves of any sort, including from Apple.)

--Eric

8. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

Peep my signature!!! :eek:

and I am getting another laptop when school starts in August(not sure if they are giving us macbook pros or macbooks, should find out in early june)

9. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Do you have the Mac bug?

That is a stupid question....

Of course I have the Mac bug!!

Join the club

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

okay! this is driving me nuts now! why is everyone trademarking everything all the time?! and saying Roger is hot..?!

but more directly to the topic, i wish i could afford one of everything Apple makes. A mini would be great with my HDTV, and 20" iMac for my room, my Macbook for school, a 17" MBP for umm...whatever! 2 Powermac with a piece of gladd on them to make a cool table, a ipod in the bathroom, one in the shower, one in my car, a few displays around the house...

11. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I have the Mac bug :( When it's at its worst I begin to suffer from the Lack of Money™ bug also.

Oh MBP. One day.

12. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Oh, yeah...big time!

So back in mid-October I buy this nice G5 iMac....and, yeah, only a few weeks later I'm plunking out more money for the 15" PB. Now it's been a few months down the road and, yep, a recent visit to the Apple store had me carrying home a nice new MBP. Plans are to eventually add either a G5 PM or the intel version to my ever-growing collection.... Oh, yes, that's only the computers! Let's talk about the iPods and how I went nutso there, too.....

I'm definitely applepated!

13. wxboss macrumors member

wxboss

Hello, [stands up, clears throat]

My name is Pete, and I've been Windoze free for 12 days now [roaring applause, crowd rises to their feet]

My first Apple was a //c. I loved it! I had it for over 10 years and it still worked great. Due to my now ex-wife's spending habits, I had to sell it :( .

Since that time, I've owned pcs unti a few weeks ago when my Mini arrived in the mail :) . I love it! To be back with Apple again (I love how they still include stickers with their computers! I wish I still had the ones from the //c)!

About a week later, I bought an MB :eek: , I couldn't help myself - Apple products have their own uniqueness that is hard to put a finger on yet everyone who owns one can attest to.

Yeah, I have issues, but I don't care. I feel like I'm back where I always wanted to be when it comes to computers, and you can't put a dollar sign on that, buddy :) .

14. iShane macrumors 6502a

EXACTLY. They are just afraid to try something new. And yes. I do have the Apple™ bug.