Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Hey all, just a quick query to see if I'm having unique "issues" and it's something I need to have Apple look at, or if these are just quirks of the 2015 rMBP. I use quotes there because these things don't really affect me on a day-to-day basis, it's just something that I've noticed and want to make sure isn't going to be a problem moving forward.

- When I reboot/turn on my rMBP, it takes a long time to start loading. I mean, between 30 seconds to a minute before I see the Apple logo. Sometimes I'm not even sure that it's actually turning on unless I click on the mouse and it responds.

- It usually takes 5-10 seconds to wake from sleep, even after the 10.10.4 update.

- The volume is really low. As a point of reference, I can barely hear music in iTunes when I have it at half volume. Even when I have headphones plugged in it's pretty quiet.

I love my notebook; there are a ton of things that are really awesome about it, but I want to make sure that I'm not having issues arise that will cause it to fail later.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hey all, just a quick query to see if I'm having unique "issues" and it's something I need to have Apple look at, or if these are just quirks of the 2015 rMBP. I use quotes there because these things don't really affect me on a day-to-day basis, it's just something that I've noticed and want to make sure isn't going to be a problem moving forward.

- When I reboot/turn on my rMBP, it takes a long time to start loading. I mean, between 30 seconds to a minute before I see the Apple logo. Sometimes I'm not even sure that it's actually turning on unless I click on the mouse and it responds.

- It usually takes 5-10 seconds to wake from sleep, even after the 10.10.4 update.

- The volume is really low. As a point of reference, I can barely hear music in iTunes when I have it at half volume. Even when I have headphones plugged in it's pretty quiet.

I love my notebook; there are a ton of things that are really awesome about it, but I want to make sure that I'm not having issues arise that will cause it to fail later.
1. Did you make sure that your drive is selected as a startup disk? Go to Sys Pref → Startup Disk to check.
2. It normally takes me only about 2 seconds.
3. Not sure on how to tackle this one.

Reactions: ZombiePete

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
1. Did you make sure that your drive is selected as a startup disk? Go to Sys Pref → Startup Disk to check.
2. It normally takes me only about 2 seconds.

Huh, well I'll be damned; I've never partitioned my drive or made any changes to my startup, but going in there and selecting the drive has had an immediate, measurable difference. Thanks.

3. Not sure on how to tackle this one.

It may just be my expectations; the speakers in my 2014 MBA were particularly loud and I used it to watch movies while doing chores sometimes. This rMBP is noticeably quieter, which I found odd because it actually has speaker grills as opposed to just pumping the sound through the keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.