Do you have VNC program on your Mac/PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YS2003, Oct 11, 2005.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Does your work PC/Mac have VNC Server? I checked their website on what this program does and I get a feel on what this can do. But, can this program monitor each PC/Mac from the remote location (such as IT dept) and find out what the user is doing with PC? I looked at "Capture Method" in VNC's properties and the wording in those options seem PC/Mac can be monitored from remote location.

2. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

Hi there, I just got VNC working on my Mac and PC here at home so that I can chuck the PC out of the way but still use some of it's programs.

I know you can monitor the machine by having its desktop open in a window on your desktop. There is an option for "Monitor only" so that you don't actually control it. I don't know if it will actually keep a log of programs run and keystrokes entered though. Great program.

3. freiheit macrumors 6502a

VNC lets you see the entire desktop of the host computer, so yes you could use it to monitor what's going on. There are lots and lots of similar programs; VNC has the benefit of being free and open source. NetOp is a good cross-platform commercial option for doing very much the same thing.

4. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I have VNC at home. I use RealVNC on the PC as a server and Chicken of the VNC on my Mac. Works flawlessly. Just a little slow sometimes, but I don't require immediate up-to-date view. I don't know if that's what you were looking for. Just my $.02