Do You Leave Your BT Mouse On?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lorkp, Aug 16, 2005.

1. lorkp macrumors member

Apr 27, 2005
    Is the battery life greatly reduced if you leave the switch on all of the time?
  2. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    I leave my mouse and keyboard on all the time unless I'm going out of town.
  3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    since the BT updates i haven't seen any difference really unless it is for a very long extended period of time..... other than that i leave 'em both on all the time, especially the KB, thats a hassle to turn on and off as it is right now.
  4. .Andy macrumors 68030

Jul 18, 2004
    The Mergui Archipelago
    Yeah I leave mine on all the time as well.

When I first got it I'd always try to turn it off after putting my computer to sleep. But I'd always end up waking my comp so I don't bother these days :).
  5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I just got mine and I always turn them on and off but after reading this thread, maybe I'll just leave them on. :)
  6. gallagb macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2004
    only when going out of town for more than 2 nights though-

i have re-chargeable batteries in both the mouse and keyboard
    and always have 4 batteries charged sitting near-by & the charger w/in easy reach for more-
  7. ejl10 macrumors member

Jul 7, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I leave mine on all the time and I've found the batteries to last for a long time. Now I'm using Sony 2300mAh rechargeable batteries, which seem to last even longer than the originals or Energizer e2's. My old Logitech MX900 needed recharging every day or so.
  8. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Apr 22, 2005
    I leave mine off for the most off the time since I use trackpad a lot. Also, the reason is that my 10 year old rechargeble Panasonic 650mAh batteries don't hold that much charge anymore.
  9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I reckon I'll leave them on during the day, then put them to sleep at night from now on.
  10. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

Jul 26, 2005
    I turn mine off every evening when I go to bed.
    I think it improves battery life, though I can't prove that.
    The 1st set of non-rechargeable batteries I put in there last > 4 months.
    Now I use rechargeable batteries, so I supposed I don't have to turn it off, but I don't find it that difficult to do.

Good luck!