Do you like Online Co-OP, Team Based, Deep Strategic games ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Symtex, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Symtex macrumors 6502a

If you do then you have to pick up / rent Chromehounds and give it a run. It's the best online games in the X360 library.

Pros :
    - Team base work
    - You can build your own mech
    - You can even play individual mission online to earn cash
    - If you break your mech, you have to pay the damage. (make your more attached to your own).
    - You can create decal and color scheme. Squad coloring scheme is sharable.
    - Very strategy oriented games.
    - Perpetuous war. Fight for your nation.

Cons :
    - Mech walks kinda slow
    - Some of the environnment are blend.
    - Single player is one big tutorial
    - The story is boring.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

WOW! Another CH Convert. :)

I cant believe the diss-service the demo did to this game.

Also all those poor reviews of the game (espeically in magazines) were written BEFORE the ChromeHounds server went LIVE so how could they possibly acuratley review the multiplayer aspect of this game.

Single player is strictly just training missions - not really a game at all.

But in a decent squad this game is the BEST thing to hit LIVE! period...

Cons :
    - Mech walks kinda slow depends what type of mech you create. My scout is speedy
    - Some of the environnment are blend. True, but some have considerable amount of detail, and the weather & HDR lighting is excellent throughout. The mech cockpit view has some amazing motion filters and such too
    - Single player is one big tutorial Yep!
    - The story is boring. Yeah & No, some of it is interesting, some of it just mind numbing

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

to the title- I much prefer local co-op. Streets of Rage, Halo etc. brilliant.

I know I probably shouldn't complain from only playing CH for about 5 minutes, but I was disgusted at what I saw. It really did look like just an Xbox game. Because of those wee 5 minutes I can't comment much on the gameplay, but for a system that's supposed to be as powerful as the 360 I was very, very underwhelmed . Mostly the backgrounds were really LOLable, no AA on the horizon somehow got to me, footprints looked like cack, movement was terrible, found a "dancing" bug if you tried to walk up a hill that was too steep. Finally the way the ground textures didn't blend together so well made me put down the controller. I know I'm too picky, but I look for details in games.

Is the underlying gameplay good? If so I'll have another go.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That must have been the marketplace demo. Yeah that demo is total ****.

The final game does have very good AA. The levels have more details, some a huge amout (big citys etc) and all the fancy filters and lighting you could ever want.

Then theres the huge dust/sand storms. Rain, Storms, Blizzards. And every kind of time of day your heart could desire.

Trust us - if your viewpoint is based on the demo. FORGET it... That demo sucked donkey balls in comparison the final game.

5. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Give it another go. The starting map is really blend. Try other map.

6. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

My friends won't stop talking about this game. I tried the demo. Well, you kno the rest... :(

I'm going to pick up Chromehounds today. This is a faith purchase, so you guys had better not be leading me astray! :)

7. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Dammit..... me too. First a DS Lite now Chromehounds.... damn my frighteningly weak will.....:D

8. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'm glad to see a few people took my advise (directly or indirectly) and tried the final game even though the demo was a bad experience!

Looks like it's everything I had hoped... I'll probably at least give it a rent and skip the demo altogether!

9. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stay away from my heatseeker missile :p

10. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Too late. :(

Joined up with a Sar Kar (?) squad and played last night. The lobby SUCKS ASS. (Had to get that out of the way.)

The online game, once you get in, is awesome, though! Unfortunately the shop was down and I couldn't buy anything so I ended up playing about 6+ games with my squad mates in the default soldier HOUND. I did quite well.

Must...get...bigger...guns! :D

11. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

Once I get my 360, I most probably will get this game. I want to get my 360 before H3 comes out, because I don't think there will be many in stores.