do you look your age?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Sep 20, 2003.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i used to look ten years younger than my age most of the time

...that is until i turned 35, and then wham-o, instant middle age...loose skin, frumpiness, and the hardest time with calories...i can say now i look my age and i don't get carded anymore:p

2. iGav macrumors G3

I'm 25 but popular opinion seems to put me in the 28-29 bracket...

The worst guess I've had was early 30's....

The best is being asked for ID (first and only time) in Safeway in some small town in Oregon in 2000 when I was buying some Newcastle Brown Ale.... ;) :D

I was an early developer though, at 12 I was over 6 foot, and have had perma-side boards since 13 :D

I like to think I'm growing into myself, I always looked older than all my friends, but they're catching me up fast and in some respects overtaking me in the not looking as young stakes!! heh-heh!!

I can't wait to hit 30 per se. :D

3. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

About a year ago I amused myself by asking my clients how old they thought I was. General consensus was 35. I was 26 at the time, but I act like I am 35... :D

4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm at the cusp of turning 26...and I have no idea...

when I shave...people think I'm younger than 25...

but when I don't...I don't get carded...

so I don't know... ;)

5. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I'm fourteen, but due to my beard, I'm frequently mistaken for a college student.
    I've been served beer without being carded (I ordered Root Beer, but they misheard me).

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

haha...I hear that...

I've been shaving since about 12...with the beard at about 14...

I hate shaving...which is why I only do it every 2-3 days... ;)

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

People at my school knew I was older, but most thought I was 24 -25 ish. I took it as a compliment, since I'm 31 now.:p

8. iGav macrumors G3

same as...

I don't wet shave at all though, I use a Sherna... I dislike that baby smooth finish! :D

9. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Everyone says I look really young. I'm 20 and I am mistaken many times for a high schooler because they say my face looks young. It sucks because I get carded all the time when we go to the movies and stuff when the rest of my friends who are younger than I am don't. I'm a junior in college, how the heck do they think I'm some 16 year old? I'm sure in another 20 years I will wish I could look so young. But then again, my mom is approaching her 50s and she still gets carded whenever she orders wine or something.

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hahaha...yeah...

it's when I do shave that I look "fresh"...I still have a young face...

and it does get baby-ass smooth when I first do... :eek:

11. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Wow, so that avatar really is of you? :eek:

12. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I'm 26 at the moment. Some years ago, when I was 22 or 23, I was still asked if I'm already 18, so I could pay less as I didn't count as an adult...

But these times are over now. I still think I don't look like 26, but neither like 18.

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

im 17 but most of the time i can look a whole lot older. when i go to conventions of business meetings they always aske me what college i go to. im like umm, im in high school. but i think they may ask me that because of my knowledge. but i grow facial hair really fast and can get a nice full think beard. and since im lazy and hate shaving every day i just let it grow out. when i go to chili's they give me the drink specials for the night.

iJon

14. vniow macrumors G4

Meh, I'm 19 and people seem to think I'm a few years younger, like 16 or so, bah.

15. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Bartenders/waiters do that for tips. My cousin worked in bar when he was in school (Canada - drinking age 19), he always told me that the best way to get good tips is from carding middle aged women - "highest complement" or something like that.

16. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Not from my mom he wont, my parents are pretty cheap when it comes to just about anything. That's the only reason why we have a Dell as the family computer instead of the iMac...he was going to buy it until he saw the price was twice that of a Dell P4 with 17" LCD.

17. iGav macrumors G3

taking the pi$$ more like.... heh-heh!! :p :p :p

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have always got comments that I look younger than my age. Still at 55 I get comments. It goes along with the comments about "How tall are you?"

19. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Ya, but the bartenders don't know that, it's always a gamble. As far as the Dell thing, well can't really argue if price is an issue, and your ignorant to the facts, and you look spec for spec, a Dell might look a lot more appealing. I've given up on my "crusade" to get people to buy macs, i just can't be bothered, i don't know how it is in the states, but here where i live not to many stores cater to mac users, so a lot of people argue that they don't want to go out of there way to find things that compatible. i've heard this point made so many times that i'm starting to think that should be Wintels moto;

"buy our product, it's everywhere"

which just makes me thing that mac users are the elite. We respect our product and trust our machines, and we respect those who use them. Probably the reason why there are very few viruses made for our systems

i know, I kinda went off topic in my post, by i know my "rantings" won't fall i deaf ears.

thanks guys

20. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

I look a LOT older than I am. When I was seventeen, somebody thought I was thirty. Normal guesses at that time put me around 21 or so, though.

One time I was at a youth event when I was sixteen and a couple of girls thought I was the youth pastor. They both thought I was twenty-five.

21. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

when i go to camp ozark the little kids think i am a counselor. we took some fireworks from a litte kid once because we acted like adults. lol

iJon

22. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah...another thing...

being as tall as I am...it also helps add to the "youthful" persona... :D

23. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

I was tall and mistaken by a few years older when I was kid. Till like 10-12 years, I wasn't fast to develop then ...

Now 28, most guess 23-25. And I mistake people a lot younger being of my age as they look like .. well for me. :rolleyes:

Being skinny helps i thik. I am still often asked for papers when I buy alcohols or go to a pub.

24. iGav macrumors G3

but there's the added bonus of less distance to fall after a night on the absinthe.... ;) if you've not experienced that just yet... you will next summer.... heh-heh!! ;) :D

25. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Most people place me 3-10 years older then I actually am. Facial hair and dressing nicely can add a lot to your percieved age as can a mature attitude.

I don't shave too often so I always have a light goatee, I have long hair tied back in a pony tail and I usually am wearing khaki slacks or shorts with a button-up Hawaian shirt. No one can tell tell my age very well.