Do you need 1GB of cheap memory?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by absolut_mac, Dec 9, 2005.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Now this is why I love Fry's Friday flyer that is enclosed with the Los Angeles Times.

Today's memory special...

1GB - single module - of Corsair PC4200 (speed = 533MHz) DDR2 RAM is $60 after $20 mail-in rebate.

One module per customer and prices are good until December 13th. Keep in mind that Fry's newspaper specials are not always available online.

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Nor are they always available in the stores. I hate driving to Palo Alto to find out that they don't have the sale item in stock because they only stocked 4 of them or some ridiculous thing, then Driving to Sunnyvale and finding out the same thing. To be quite honest I now despise Fry's not only for piss poor customer service and horrible return and rebate policies but also for their deceiving advertisements.

Ed

3. iGary Guest

iGary

4. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

If I'm going there anyway, then it's no big deal. On the other hand if I'm making a special trip for the on-sale item only, then I call ahead to make sure that they have it in stock. Sometimes they will even put one aside for you.

I go to the one in Manhattan Beach and usually find them quite helpful.

5. jer446 macrumors 6502a

why dont they open a frys out here on the east coast/??

6. generik macrumors 601

generik

I don't really like Corsair memory, personally I find them to be overpriced hyped up products that aren't all that good anyway... but hey, I also guess that makes it fitting for Apple computers :D