Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Now this is why I love Fry's Friday flyer that is enclosed with the Los Angeles Times.

Today's memory special...

1GB - single module - of Corsair PC4200 (speed = 533MHz) DDR2 RAM is $60 after $20 mail-in rebate.

One module per customer and prices are good until December 13th. Keep in mind that Fry's newspaper specials are not always available online.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
absolut_mac said:
Now this is why I love Fry's Friday flyer that is enclosed with the Los Angeles Times.

Today's memory special...

1GB - single module - of Corsair PC4200 (speed = 533MHz) DDR2 RAM is $60 after $20 mail-in rebate.

One module per customer and prices are good until December 13th. Keep in mind that Fry's newspaper specials are not always available online.

Nor are they always available in the stores. I hate driving to Palo Alto to find out that they don't have the sale item in stock because they only stocked 4 of them or some ridiculous thing, then Driving to Sunnyvale and finding out the same thing. To be quite honest I now despise Fry's not only for piss poor customer service and horrible return and rebate policies but also for their deceiving advertisements.

Ed

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Ed H said:
Nor are they always available in the stores. I hate driving to Palo Alto to find out that they don't have the sale item in stock because they only stocked 4 of them or some ridiculous thing, then Driving to Sunnyvale and finding out the same thing. To be quite honest I now despise Fry's not only for piss poor customer service and horrible return and rebate policies but also for their deceiving advertisements.

Ed

If I'm going there anyway, then it's no big deal. On the other hand if I'm making a special trip for the on-sale item only, then I call ahead to make sure that they have it in stock. Sometimes they will even put one aside for you.

I go to the one in Manhattan Beach and usually find them quite helpful.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
I don't really like Corsair memory, personally I find them to be overpriced hyped up products that aren't all that good anyway... but hey, I also guess that makes it fitting for Apple computers :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.