Do you need AppleCare to purchase procare?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jayeskreezy, Mar 30, 2007.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I have a mac mini that's out of warranty period, but I'd like to purchase procare to be able to get better at FCE. Will they allow me to purchase it even though I dont have applecare?

2. PharmD macrumors 6502

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but am giving this a bump since I would like to know as well.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Well the OP was a two part question, the title which asked "Do you need AppleCare to purchase procare" and the actual question in the body, "Will they allow me to purchase it even though I don't have applecare?"

So you can allow for some confusion to what the "No" pertains to. While Mech's intentions was probably never to provide an answer with no explanation wouldn't you agree that some elaboration is order?

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Yes, you can be a ProCare member even if you don't own a Mac! You can enroll in ProCare at any time and renew it for as long as you would like, regardless the age or warranty status of your Mac.

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

So as long as you are a ProCare member, your Macs are under warranty?

Does that mean I can buy a Mac Pro and a 10 year ProCare subscription, and have my MP covered for 10 years?

7. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

No. Procare allows a variety of benefits to the PERSON at an Apple store. It does not imply any type of hardware warranty. You do not need Applecare to purchase ProCare, conversely, purchasing ProCare does NOT warrant any Apple hardware you may own.

Hope that helps!

Bob

8. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks yall...this basically means that even if you dont even OWN a mac you can get procare....good business move IMO b/c if you dont own one but like the service enough I suspect you'd purchase a computer anyway

9. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

I had my first procare session today and it went flawlessly. I learned more in 1 hour than I did in a month two years ago when I was trying to use FCP. I learned some FCE tricks and basics.

My Procare person was great and very helpful. I felt like it was my hour and mine only-very minimal distractions and I am excited for my next appointment.

For anyone interested in procare I'd recommend it....if you learn better with a "tutor".