Do you own a Windows machine?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rye9, Feb 25, 2006.

?

Do you own a Windows machine?

1. I own only a Windows machine. (PC)

12 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. I own only a Mac.

45 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. I own both.

103 vote(s)
    64.4%
  1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Just curious to see how many people own Macs and PC's.

2. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    I have a 6 year old windows box and a 8 year old mac at my desk. the PC hasent been turned on in abour 2 months :)

Spects of the mac are
    g3 300mhz
    512mb ram
    40gb hard drive

spects of the PC:
    Pentium III
    128mb ram
    20gb hard drive

3. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I, personally, don't own a PC, but my dad does. I own the two Mac in my sig.

4. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I own the mac in my sig. but parents own the xp box but im the PC tech in the house .. so now i can troubleshoot the pc from my mac..:eek: :D :eek:

the app is called chicken of the vnc (viewer/Mac)>>Realvnc server (xp side):p :p :cool: :cool:

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

three retired macs...clamshell rev. a ibook, beige g3 tower, performa 600

two retired PC machines...e-machines 366 mhz tower and compaq 366 mhz laptop

current main machine is dual 500 g4 power mac, and when i am in the mood, i will take the clamshell ibook out of mothballs every now and then

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I own both and my XP laptop is collecting dust.

Bless

7. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I use that exact same program for that exact same reason. I also use it to help my dad do things he doesn't know how to do. I love that app, and my dad is amazed by it. My dads PC is in the next room right across from mine, but if I got up every time he called I would kill myself...so I just open COTVNC.

8. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Well my family has these computers:

PCs:
    -Compaq 755mhz AMD desktop (Family)
    -Sony Vaio Laptop (I think its a 600mhz pentium)(Brother,18)
    -Sony Vaio Laptop 1.6 ghz (Brother, 21)
    -HP 1.6 ghz laptop (Dad)
    All running Windows XP sp 2

Macs:
    -1.33ghz 17" PowerBook G4 (Mac OS X, 10.3.9) (Mom)
    -800mhz 12" iBook G4 (Mac OS X 10.4.5) (ME! :))

So which one do I chose? I presonally never use any of out PCs unless they're messed up (Which is almost always :rolleyes: ). And technically, the iBook is the only computer that is in my name and that I bought myself. hmmm....

9. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I have 5 computers in my room. Two are linux machines and my main machine is a linux machine. I have to PowerMac 5500's that are sadly not used very often and an IBM ThinkPad that is also not used very often. The two machines that are in constant use are the two Linux boxes.

When I get a MacBook Pro it will be my main machine, but that may be awhile.

10. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

The first time i had both apps running and my dad started using xp,I opened cotvnc from the dock (it was minimized) then i started to giggle the mouse..

Dad was like :eek: :eek: wtf is going on here?? :D :D

he was scared of a hacker got control of xp box :D :D

11. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

HAHA yea...same with my dad. Then I just opened up Word and typed "Hi Dad."

12. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Ive a Fujitsu Siemens Laptop - Which isnt a bad laptop, looks ok, pretty quick, but it suffrs from the normal XP slowdown.

And then i saw the light, last year I was stuck at home with my ankle in plaster, and listening to my iPod I thought, i wish my computer was as easy as this, so i went a brought a 17" iMac G5 ( the on before the iSight)

And now my Laptop is gathering dust, it gets turned on bout once a month if that, to use msn for its webcam with my relatives abroad who are appleless.

13. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I couldn't fool my dad like that, he is a computer geek himself, and holds far more knowledge than his son. However, I have to admit that is very very funny, I could just imagine doing that to my mom... opening up random apps and stuff, it would freak her out.

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

2 macs and an XP machine

i have 2 macs (a G5 iMac and a G4 PowerBook) and a windows XP machine. i don't even know what its specs are, it's the autoCAD machine and it is the computer i let my son play on. (he's 3) he very eloquently told a friend of mine who needed to use my computer: "you don't touch mommy's macs, you'll get a butt kicking" :D he's heard the threat a few times. :p

i will buy a powermac next ;) 3 macs has a nice ring to it.

15. ke2000 macrumors member

16. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

My parents have a windoze box and a laptop at the office for this one specific software program they need to run for the business, but that software stays at the office and we all use macs at home.

I've thought about maybe building a PC box for fun sometime, but I can never justify the cost, or the fact that after I build it I'd never use it.

17. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I have the two computers in my sig: 1.33 GHz 12" PB and a Sempron 3000+ gaming computer.

I use the mac for everything but gaming. When my friends come over, they'll often use the PC to check the myspace or whatever. Having 2 computers in my room comes in handy...

18. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

We have two windows machines and three macs in the house at the moment. I wouldn't hesitate to use the windows boxes - but I simply don't need them.

19. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I have an iMac G4/800, which is now the family computer [meaning my son has a profile for his Noggin and Sesame Street stuff]. My own computer is a PowerBook G4 1.33/15", and my wife has a Vaio laptop running XPP SP2.

20. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I hated to answer "both", but I had to.

Currently in the house:

Mac IIci
    Lombard PB
    800MHz 17" iMac
    Dual-2.0 Rev A PowerMac
    Developer Transition Kit (boxed up for return) :(
    17" Intellimac
    12" 1.5GHz PB

and...

a 7-year old Dell Pentium II which has been boxed for four years. So... "both".

PS And a BeBox... I love that thing!!!

21. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I have a Dell PC. I was trying to sell it but the buyer just backed out. Maybe I'll throw linux on it and play around.

22. jwp1964 macrumors regular

23. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I recently did the exact same thing to my sister. She was typeing up a paper on the computer when i started COTVNC. Needless to say i freaked her out and she could nto sigure out waht was going on. She cam running up stairs to me (the computer geek of the family) and i pretended like nothing had happened. I went down stairs and looked at the computer and pronounced it fine. After that i went back upstairs adn proceeded to do it again. So much fun...but i finally did tell her (i.e. typed on the screen that i was messing with her).

So much fun

24. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I (we, the family) own my iBook.

My daughter uses an old Thinkpad that belongs to a board my wife's on. My wife's employer uses the Dell Inspiron, with docking station, etc. (she has a home office) She can't even check webmail on it. She can only use the services and functionality setup through her employer's VPN network.

We're going to get the family a Mac Mini in a month or so. It will be for the kids, and for my wife to check a personal email account on.

25. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

My mother gave me her Dell Dimension 4100. I just maxed out the RAM at 512.:D