Do you play iPod games?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by betbest1, Dec 29, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Do you play games on your iPod (either the included ones, the "secret" one on old iPods, or using podzilla)? I play Solitaire on my 2G Mini, but I need the backlight to see the difference between "red" (50% gray) and black cards. Also, the icon for clubs looks really weird on the Mini's small screen.

2. macrumors G3

I beat solitaire once.
    I've played it about 80 times.
    I ONLY BEAT IT ONCE! Ahhh!

it's a good time waster, but has kinda bad controls.

3. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Nah, I only use mine for music. For that matter, I hardly use any of the other features, games or otherwise, on my iPod. My Address Book is on there for instance, but I never have needed to check it. :eek:

4. macrumors newbie

I've played the music quiz game a few times, its pretty interesting because it reminds you of songs you totally forgot were on your iPod.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Agreed. I wish you could double-click to put cards up top like in Windows Solitaire. It's just such a pain at the end to put all the cards up. And I've beaten it more than once :p

6. macrumors 68040

mduser63

I play Solitaire pretty often and occasionally Brick and Parachute. I've beaten Solitaire many times. I must say, Solitaire is MUCH better on the video iPods than on the old 4G monochrome iPods. I actually like the old Parachute better though; I think the control is smoother.

7. Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I once strayed into the games section on my mini. Tried a couple of the games, found them utterly stupid (even a few of the lame games on my SonyEricsson T68i are better). Won't be doing that again... ;)

8. macrumors 65816

Darwin

I usually play Brick and Parachute, can't stand playing Solitaire with the scroll wheel :p

9. macrumors regular

I think there should be doenloadable games like the widgets for it.

10. macrumors 6502

whenever I'm on a flight somewhere I usually play solitaire with the music playing, good time killer.

11. macrumors 6502

I just beat doom 7 on my new ipod. took me 18 hours of straight playing. When I was done I still had half battery bar left.

12. macrumors newbie

I usually play solitaire if I do play games. I played it about 4-5 times and won 1 time.. usually never finished. I can't play that brick game cus it is hard.

13. Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Solitaire , and music quiz all the time on my Nano, and a few times on the 5G and my 3G

14. macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I tried solitaire and just got annoyed... brick as well, i just couldn't get a good feel out of it. I do, however, LOVE music quiz. PLaying alone is great and its fun too see how much of my music I actually know (though some songs I get by process of elimination.. ie knowing the other songs listed and know that it isn't one of them) but try playing that in your car through the speakers on a road trip! Pretty fun!!

15. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

nope i dont, those ipod games suck and get boring really fast

Bless

16. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I play Patience (Solitaire for the Americans :p) and Doom :D

17. macrumors 6502

I think I'd be more into the games if they had something that would keep me entertained for more than 30 minutes at the most and that was a very boring day, haha. I keep hearing rumors that apple is going to start putting more into games, but ehh...