Do you push products?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hummer, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Hummer macrumors 65816

Feb 3, 2006
    Queens, New York NY-5
    I know I like to push products almost to the point where I sound like a commercial really working to get someone to buy the product. I don't know why I like to, but I just find myself advertising products I love so much and even products from a brand that I love so much but don't even have. If I know some specs and information about it, I'll push it to friends and family. Do you do this also? And if so what products or brands.

Oh yea, other than macs of course.
  2. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    I'm more than happy to help friends and family with any information I have about a certain product, but I don't push stuff. For one thing, it then becomes my fault if they don't like it!
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I usually don't push products. In fact it's much more of the opposite, where people seem to pry about why I use X instead of Y....

Except for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Those things are godsent. Who wouldn't use them!? :eek:
  4. Cube54 macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2006
    I never do this!

Not because I'm any different than you when I find a product or service that is really great, but it has to be the most sure-fired way to lose friends when their experience doesn't meet their expectations. Then they hate you!

Of course, sometimes one can better off when that happens. :D
  5. Silentwave macrumors 68000

May 26, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    I am a walking ad for Apple and a full scale international marketing campaign for Nikon. I must have been responsible for I don't know how many macs sold, but if you gave me a year I could probably quantify just how many Nikons i've sold. lets just say that nikon's profits are several dozen thousand dollars higher because of my direct influence :rolleyes:
  6. imacintel macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2006
    Yes. I have to admit it. And, yes, especially Macs and Apple products. I am addicted to everything mac. It makes it harder to stop pushing macs ever since I convinced my friend to buy a PowerBook. One thing that people do agree with is iPods. If I reccomend one to someone, ohh I want one so badly...
  7. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    i'm guilty of this. if i'm using something i really like, i will share as much information about it to anyone who inquires. i actually feel like if the person doesn't use the product i use, they're an idiot.

what bothers me is someone who won't use a company's products just because they're made by that specific company. i know people who refuse to buy iPods just because they're made by Apple and then they complain about how crappy their music player is.