Do you really believe that Kenneth Lay is dead?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zwhaler, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Picture this. You are Kenneth Lay, former Enron CEO, you are facing 20 years in prision (likely the rest of your life), and millions of dollars in fines. You have already been found guilty. Now it's just a matter of your sentencing. You are a billionare. Suddenly you die of a heart attack and all charges are dropped. This is the true story of Enron billionare Kenneth Lay. I personally believe that with the absolutely obscene amount of money at his disposal, he was able to fake his own death and evade justice. By the way, his funeral was a small, private, closed coffin funeral. I bet he is somewhere in South France living in a huge villa with a hell of a view. What do you think?

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Well, if that is true and he is not dead, I hope he dies soon.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Okay, were is a shred of proof to your conspiracy theory?

My guess if he is alive he is having fun jamming with Elvis! ;)

4. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

No proof. Just a conspiracy theroy. But it would make sense...

5. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Ken was no spring chicken. The guy had the most public scandal ever -- that's gotta weigh heavy on him. I say that his soul collapsed. :rolleyes:

6. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Ok...

I bet the prosecutor personally saw his dead body to make sure since he wanted to put him in jail for a long time.

7. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I won't even bother to ask for proof for what you said. But either way it seems like he was under a lot of stress and most likely had a heart attack and flat out died. But he is 64, and people are not that brittle at that age. But keep in mind that he had so much money that he could have easily made the arrangements. Did you notice the perfect timing of him dying right when there is 100% no way out?

8. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

I can honestly say that I find this possible, but not very plausible. If he pulled this off he is in Mexico or south america, not france. He would be noticed in France. Check and see where his family lives nowadays...

9. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I know, I was just using a random country as an example. That would be interesting though...

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Just from my lawyer friends! :)

They can be a bit blood thirsty at times! :eek:

11. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Lol I understand. By the way, what is your avatar? Is that..... sushi?

12. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yep, maguro (lean tuna)! :)

13. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'm not sure. Maybe, his family might have killed him to preserve their way of living.

It's not like those people cheated of their retirement would likely have gotten the money anyway.

At least, he and Skilling were both convicted.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But conspiracy theories are based on some facts, or things that are given to us as facts, but are in fact debatable.

With what was said here, there are no facts. You just made up a nice story. You're like J.K. Rowling, but better.

15. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I hope that he would think of the people he cheated, and the lives he ruined, if he is still alive.

More likely he's killing himself by overindulgence.

16. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

He's been autopsied. He's dead. You can probably read his autopsy records if you summon the mighty FOIA. Let the man rest in peace.

17. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

A man of his stature & wealth usually gets frequent check-ups at the finest medical facilities (ie:Mayo). I don't think a "heart attack" is how he died but I do believe his is dead. My guess is that he suicided so his family would be able to maintain ownership of property and some funds.

18. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Conspiracy theorists always make me mad, I am so sick of people saying we did not land on the moon. Sometimes people really do have too much time:confused:

19. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I think Satan himself individually picked him out from the mortal realm to begin paying for his sins :eek: