Do You REALLY Need a Screen Protector for the iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by iDAG, Oct 7, 2007.

?

Does the iPod touch REALLY Need a Screen Protector?

1. Doesn't Need Screen Protector

66.2%
  2. Needs Screen Protector

33.8%
  1. macrumors 65816

iDAG

It's driving me crazy!:eek: My dad is paranoid and is leaving the film that shipped with his on till someone makes one for it and I hope to get one in the next couple of weeks for my bday and I don't think it needs it. I remember when I got my 5g iPod he put I screen protector on it and I went crazy, I think it ruins watching videos. So do you really think its that great of an idea?

2. macrumors 65816

virus1

The screen is the last part on the touch that would ever need additional protection. Through normal unprotected pocket use, my screen is absolutely flawless. The mirror on the back though, :eek:

3. macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

The front is possibly the toughest part of the iPod Touch.

Mine has absolutely no scratches, or even minor imperfections after a week of being with me in my pocket.

4. macrumors 65816

screen= absolutely not. It is extremely scratch resistant
    back= yes. It is extremely scratch prone.

What I would do is buy the invisible shield and only use the back.

5. macrumors member

Yes its a waste of money but if your dad says to i would go ahead and do it becuase it saves the back. Front wont get any scratches even if you took a razor blade to it now the back on the other hand just sitting on a table will scratch it.

6. thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

It has nothing to do with the back only the front screen of the iPod:cool:

7. macrumors 68000

bc008

my iphone screen scratched.
    can happen to ipod touch.

it is a tiny scratch the size of a grain of sand, but still there.

8. macrumors 65816

iCantwait

Ido t knowhow but a got a scratch about one inch long on my screen its hard to do but it happened so I thing it will get damaged in the long term
    with sucks.

And this thread is about the front not the back we all know that is easy to scrach. I did with a fingernail and was deep. :p

9. macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I have a motorola slvr l7 and it has a similar glass plate for the screen. I've had the slvr for over a year now, and it has no scratches :) even when I ocasionally put my phone in a pocket with keys hehe.

10. macrumors 601

Prof.

The only thing that needs protecting is the back of the touch. :eek:

Prof. :apple:

11. macrumors member

I'm paranoid about the screen too and have done exactly the same thing as your dad - the film it came with is staying on and I've bought normal screen protectors for camera LCDs etc for when the film eventually comes off :eek:

Screens invariably get scratched as tough as they may be. And my viewing pleasure will be more damaged if a permanent scratch appears on the screen as opposed to watching through disposable screen protectors.

Just my opinion tho.

SFK

12. macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

no offence but your opinion is uneducated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzbxpSwDetk

now, any scratch that will scratch this thing will not be limited or prevented by a piece of plastic

the plastic you're leaving on there is heating up the iPod and ruining your viewing experience

GUYS!!!...THE iPOD TOUCH DOESN'T NEED ANY SCREEN PROTECTION

i wish people would leave it alone

13. macrumors 6502

Exactly! :cool:

14. thread starter macrumors 65816

iDAG

WOW this is what I need to show him but I'm shocked that it didn't scrach with a razor blade:eek:

15. macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

haha...and trust me...the others don't scratch it either

i've done it...

...over and over again:D

16. macrumors member

Hear hear. Just enjoy it. The front screen is tough as nails. Not one scratch after 3 weeks in various pockets.

17. macrumors newbie

warning

I have a screen protector on my ipod touch, and it had a few little bubbles in it, and i seem compelled to try to make things PERFECT (it bothers me if it isnt) so i took off the protector and wiped the screen with the special cloth provided with the case and protector. Then I saw dirt on the protector on the side that goes against the screen and stupidly wiped it with the cloth. BIG MISTAKE the protector got filthy and it looks terrible on the ipod touch, much worse than before. Sometimes, I'm so dumb.

18. macrumors newbie

quck question

o does anyone know how i could clean the screen protector or is it impossible and ruined?

thx

19. macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Mine has some light scratches, but I think it if from putting my keys in the same pocket.

20. macrumors 68030

ok so dumb question: i guess this means that the iphone doesn't need a protective case either?

21. macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Soap and water? I had a Boxwave screen protector for my Palm TX and that's how I cleaned. It was the type that was held in place by friction?

22. macrumors 65816

does not need a protector at all,

it looks terrible when you put a protctor on it (they never fit right, and they are the ones that will get scratched as soon as you put it in your pocket) you won't be replacing the protector everyday so its pretty futile putting one on in the first place, yet the people who don't put one on looks awsome with no scratches - at least in my experiance

23. macrumors newbie

Protector

I ended up goins out and getting another. I just feel better having one because I don't feel I need to worry as much about jamming it quickley in my pocket so the teacher won't catch me with it. My screen protector is pretty good almost bubble free, I am fairly good at putting them on.

24. macrumors 68000

greygray

Yes. My iPod touch's front is pretty scratched up without one. I got one only after it got scuffed up. The back too. . . :(

25. macrumors 65816

Batt

Mine is all scratched to hell and back, and I don't care. I'm not saving it for the next owner. My car doesn't have a bra and guests are welcome to sit on my furniture. I paid for it and i'm going to use it up.