Do you run Mac OSX Server in a mixed network?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by finchna, Apr 16, 2003.

1. finchna macrumors regular

Hi. I'd like to know if anyone reading this board runs Mac OSX server (10.2.x) in a mixed network (mac clients (OS9, X) and windows clients (2000, XP). If so, and you're versed in the fileserving aspects, security issues of client logins and sessions, remote access to fileserver via IP, etc. would you be open to talking about that with a sysadmin who is exploring moving from Netware/Windows to OSX server for fileserving? If so, please send me a private email with a way to contact you. (I'm not the sysadmin).

If you know folks who do that, would you ask them if they'd mind connecting with me about connecting with the sysadmin? Thanks,

Nathan

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

well i dont know much about it, but we have a xserve running our web page, filemaker server, and our inter office mail server. it all works great, we have os x, os 9, windows 98, 2000, and xp all running from it. and everything works great. there will someone else who knows more about it, but i was just letting you know it works for us.

iJon

3. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'm pretty much in the same boat as iJon. We do minimal filesharing (FTP) out to a couple of Windows boxes, but I try to avoid that as much as possible.

X Server is pretty straightforward in handling Windows logins, though.