DO you speak italian?

Discussion in 'Community' started by oldschool, Oct 2, 2004.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

I have to write a composition for my italian class and i'd like someone who would be able to proofread it for me for spelling/grammar errors. It's only going to be 150 words so very short.

Let me know if you can do this.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry, but I don't. I admire those that study a foreign language. Good luck on your project. Maybe a classmate would be willing to help you. ;)

3. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

thanks wd, no need to apologize..i'm the one who should feel remorseful: i'm of italian descent but my command of the language is...well...not good :)

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

im not of italian descent but my dad teaches italian for some reason. i dont speak or understand ANY italian. that's cool that you're taking italian; im taking it when i go to college cause my hs doesnt offer it

5. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I'm half italian, understand a lot, dont speak much. The disgraceful thing about that is... my dad is italian, moved when 23 to UK. My mum is head of italian in a private school, and both my sisters have recently moved to italy.

However, I'm sure i'd get a slap :p if I were to give her your homework... but private message it to me anyway and we'll see.

6. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

email it to me. i will proofread it at work tomorrow. giaguara at users dot sourceforge dot jp.

7. pompo macrumors newbie

I'm originally from italy!

Been here 4 yrs..email me the thing I can look at it:

8. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

hey thanks a lot everybody!

pompo you might want to take your email address out of the body of the message or you could get a lot of spam...

9. Cheope macrumors newbie

Yes, I do!!

Hi everybody and hello to you oldschool...

we met on the 'Italiamac' forum.
    Thanks you, now I've found a good Mac forum other than my local one!

I really have good memories of your city. I wasn't there as student though...
    I guess I'm a bit older than you (=finished my university long ago...).

My plan was to work and live there....but then life took an other path and...
    I found myself back to Europe...

So, if you need some advise about italian grammar.....any time! ;)

10. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

hey cheope welcome to the forum...i hope you'll like it here. I think there are a few other people from italy on the boards as well.

11. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

Io parlo un poco italiano...I only took it for two years, and that was three years ago. Also, its sort of gotten mixed together with my spanish.

12. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

yeah all european languages seem very easily mixed.

13. belair macrumors 6502

belair

The grammar was hell.
    I took italian as my 5th language in school and I almost failed my year because of it. I just could not get the grammer straight and my teacher, (a very sweet italian women) went nuts because of my poor skills.
    You would think that if you can speak french, italian should be easy, but no!
    I always wanted to learn italian after that tough. When I go to Italy I always regret not having tried harder. It's such a beautiful language!

Ah italy…ah

14. Cheope macrumors newbie

I know.....

My girlfriend is french but, after two years, she still finds difficult to learn italian....
    On the other side I learned french quite quickly but I think this has got something to do with the fact that....we live in France! :D

15. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

hahaha that might be the reason :D