Do you still feel guilty about your white iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tulani, Feb 1, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

Tulani

Come on! Come out and defend your white iPhone 5...

I chose mine by default to avoid the scuffing scandal and initially felt bad about my choice but I have come to love it. I will not even think about exchanging it now.

What are your sentiments today if you have been in the same trap?

2. macrumors newbie

3. macrumors newbie

4 and 4s look 10x better then current white iPhone .

I just purchased my 5 today and I have always own white 3GS,4/s but on the 5 the silver back kills it for me but that's just my opinion . It looks good from all angels except the back. I'm trying to not exchange it for the white one l;) lol

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors 604

Cue the "But the white iPhone is for gurlz and kidz!!!"

7. macrumors regular

Vinamra

It don't matter if you're black or white -MJ

Jokes apart, I think there is nothing to feel 'guilty' about. Sounds like too harsh a word just for the color of your phone.

8. macrumors 6502a

I got a black iPhone two months ago and I'd rather have the white one. The one I got was perfect (!) out of the box but nowadays looks like crap.

9. macrumors 601

Wanted a black one, but they didn't have any in stock so I got white.. never regretted it once :)

10. macrumors member

tudyniuz

I kind of regret getting the white one. If it brakes or something during the warranty and I get a new one, can I ask for a black one?

11. macrumors regular

///M Powah

No.

12. macrumors 6502

I have the white one but I prefer the look of the black. To this day, the black ones I see are scratched around the edges. It's really a matter of if you can live with silver appearing on the black model. I personally rather have the white one that doesn't require so much attention to look good but I have always preferred the look of the black.

13. macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I have a few spots showing silver but its from drops, bumps, those sorts of everyday hazards. I have to look for them to notice. I NEVER notice them when using the phone. I guess because well, I'm looking at the screen, not the edges.

14. macrumors 604

bushido

no, the last black iPhone i had was the iPhone 4 and ive been way to anal about seeing finger prints. i also prefer the shiny bezel of the white. its like sparkling in the sun ^^

15. macrumors G4

Chundles

Guilty? Why? Does the white iPhone prop up despotic regimes?

16. macrumors 6502

Yes, you didn't know that?

17. macrumors 6502a

mdlooker

My next will absolutely be white. I was contemplating when I got the black and have been wondering ever since. So I'll solve that problem before long.

18. macrumors regular

I have the white one as well and whenever someone starts making fun of me I put on my Gummy headphones and drown them out with some Bieber.

But seriously, I have the white one and am satisfied with it. Had the 4 and the 4s in white as well.

19. macrumors 6502

I got the black at the beginning and after a few weeks I noticed how awesome the white one looked. Now I'm rocking a white one and can't be more happy. IMO new white looks way better than black... :D

20. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tulani

You guys make me feel even better. The confessions are making me love my phone more ;)

21. macrumors 68040

I agree. I used to get all white iPhones up until the iPhone 5. Had to get black because I don't like that silver back. Plus the black metal band looks pretty nice.

22. Guest

In all honesty, the White iPhone 5 does look a bit.... feminine...

I think its the shiny chamfered edge that does it, rather than being white per se. I know the black has the same shiny chamfered edge but it doesn't have the same effect.

Source: I have a black one, GF has a white one. I constantly pick up both.

23. macrumors 6502

White is feminine(for gurlz n kidz) and black is sexy but manly:cool:

24. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

Maybe Tim Cook clubs a baby seal every time someone buys a white iPhone. ;)

25. macrumors 6502

I have the best of both worlds: I have both colors. I won the white iPhone 5 after I already bought the black one. After getting the black phone, I immediately had a screen protector put on the front, back & sides.
    Down the road I will sell one of them- just can't decide which color I like better.