Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Come on! Come out and defend your white iPhone 5...

I chose mine by default to avoid the scuffing scandal and initially felt bad about my choice but I have come to love it. I will not even think about exchanging it now.

What are your sentiments today if you have been in the same trap?

techstyle

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Bay Area
i just have a white iPhone 4,and i love it.:)

4 and 4s look 10x better then current white iPhone .

I just purchased my 5 today and I have always own white 3GS,4/s but on the 5 the silver back kills it for me but that's just my opinion . It looks good from all angels except the back. I'm trying to not exchange it for the white one l;) lol

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
It don't matter if you're black or white -MJ

Jokes apart, I think there is nothing to feel 'guilty' about. Sounds like too harsh a word just for the color of your phone.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
I got a black iPhone two months ago and I'd rather have the white one. The one I got was perfect (!) out of the box but nowadays looks like crap.

tudyniuz

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Amsterdam
I kind of regret getting the white one. If it brakes or something during the warranty and I get a new one, can I ask for a black one?

Tea-Aholic

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I have the white one but I prefer the look of the black. To this day, the black ones I see are scratched around the edges. It's really a matter of if you can live with silver appearing on the black model. I personally rather have the white one that doesn't require so much attention to look good but I have always preferred the look of the black.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I have the white one but I prefer the look of the black. To this day, the black ones I see are scratched around the edges. It's really a matter of if you can live with silver appearing on the black model. I personally rather have the white one that doesn't require so much attention to look good but I have always preferred the look of the black.

I have a few spots showing silver but its from drops, bumps, those sorts of everyday hazards. I have to look for them to notice. I NEVER notice them when using the phone. I guess because well, I'm looking at the screen, not the edges.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
no, the last black iPhone i had was the iPhone 4 and ive been way to anal about seeing finger prints. i also prefer the shiny bezel of the white. its like sparkling in the sun ^^

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
My next will absolutely be white. I was contemplating when I got the black and have been wondering ever since. So I'll solve that problem before long.

corys00

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
I have the white one as well and whenever someone starts making fun of me I put on my Gummy headphones and drown them out with some Bieber.

But seriously, I have the white one and am satisfied with it. Had the 4 and the 4s in white as well.

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
I got the black at the beginning and after a few weeks I noticed how awesome the white one looked. Now I'm rocking a white one and can't be more happy. IMO new white looks way better than black... :D

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
You guys make me feel even better. The confessions are making me love my phone more ;)

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
4 and 4s look 10x better then current white iPhone .

I just purchased my 5 today and I have always own white 3GS,4/s but on the 5 the silver back kills it for me but that's just my opinion . It looks good from all angels except the back. I'm trying to not exchange it for the white one l;) lol
I agree. I used to get all white iPhones up until the iPhone 5. Had to get black because I don't like that silver back. Plus the black metal band looks pretty nice.

S

syd430

In all honesty, the White iPhone 5 does look a bit.... feminine...

I think its the shiny chamfered edge that does it, rather than being white per se. I know the black has the same shiny chamfered edge but it doesn't have the same effect.

Source: I have a black one, GF has a white one. I constantly pick up both.

bryanc28

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2007
Arlington, Va
I have the best of both worlds: I have both colors. I won the white iPhone 5 after I already bought the black one. After getting the black phone, I immediately had a screen protector put on the front, back & sides.
Down the road I will sell one of them- just can't decide which color I like better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.