Do you think apple will replace my shuffle earbuds?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by pianodude123, Dec 23, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

Hi,

I'm sure this has already been asked, but I could not find it when i searched.

I got my shuffle today and as you know it came with the old style headphones. Do you think the Apple Store will replace this for me if I bring them in unused, or maybe even slightly used? I could always quote steve saying in the Keynote that the new shuffles come with the new earbuds....

2. macrumors 6502a

No they don't. The shuffle comes with the old earpuds. I've got them so are all of the people who purchased the shuffle.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

Have you tried to be the squeaky wheel at the apple store yet?

4. macrumors demi-god

All of the replacements at my Apple store are the old style. Even if you bring in a set of the new kind that broke, they only have the old kind to give back out as replacements.

5. macrumors 68000

pianoman

a few people have gone to their Apple store and asked for the new earphones and some have been turned away empty-handed while others have walked away with what they wanted. i suppose it all depends on your disposition as well as that of the person who's helping you.

6. macrumors newbie

i got lucky with a mac genius who traded my old ones for new ones since the bass crapped out in one side.

7. macrumors 65816

Except he didn't say that. I re-watched most of the keynote about a month ago.