Do you think Apple will update the full, wired keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Peripherals' started by seetheforest, May 29, 2011.

1. macrumors member

To me it seems like a no brainer to update the wired keyboard to the form factor of the wireless keyboard and the magic trackpad. And I hope they keep it wired so it can serve as an additional USB hub!

2. macrumors 65816

kalsta

What do you mean? With the battery storage lump at the back, even though it takes no batteries?

3. macrumors member

Yes exactly... so it can sit flush with a magic trackpad.

4. macrumors demi-god

I'd like to see a wireless version of the Apple keyboard with number pad.

5. macrumors 65816

kalsta

That's been on my wish list for a while too. Until then, I'll stay with wires.

Okay. I've never wanted a Magic Trackpad so it's not something I had given much thought. I think my brain is hard-wired to use a mouse now. I only use the trackpad on my MBP if I'm sitting on the couch or something, or occasionally for gestures.

6. Guest

me too. This would be the complete work set up for me if I could get the wired keyboard wireless.

would be winning (wbw).

7. CHSeifert, May 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

No - apple will release a wireless version with num pad instead. Soon....very soon

8. iBookG4user, May 29, 2011

macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I highly doubt that consider that they have the wireless keyboard without the num pad. Considering that they went from the wireless keyboard having a num pad with the old wireless keyboard to the aluminum keyboard that does not have the num pad.

9. CHSeifert, May 30, 2011

macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

The wired Will be phased out and you will be able to choose from 2 keyboards - one with and one without the num pad.

10. iBookG4user, May 30, 2011

macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I still highly doubt it, they've had plenty of time to release a wireless keyboard with a num pad.

11. macrumors member

I don't think they'll look back to a wired keyboard.

12. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Maybe they'll start selling a seperate numpad.

You know Apple would rather sell you two accessories than one that can do both.

13. macrumors 68040

ActionableMango

So dumb question here, but every BT keyboard or mouse I've used requires a pairing procedure involving setup steps in the OS.

I know some computers come with a BT keyboard, so how does that work? Are they already paired at the factory?

14. macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

It's a possibility, but I wouldn't see any reason why that's something that any computer company would spend time doing, it's a pretty easy and fast thing to do, even for a beginner.

Put batteries in.

Wait a bit.

We have LIIIIIFFFFFTTTTT OFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

15. macrumors 65816

lol :d