Do you think Apple would venture here...?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sam10685, Feb 3, 2006.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I was just wondering what you guys think the chances are of Apple joining the video game industry... If anyone has been following the next generation console wars (i have), you'll know that Microsoft is out there with it's xbox 360 but Nintendo and Sony are both right on its tail with their consoles. (The Revolution and Playstation 3 respectively.) If you are like me, you also think Nintendo and most-certainly Sony are going to absolutely blow Microsoft in the dust with their consoles that are yet to be released. I was wondering if u think that Apple will soon join the console wars with there apparent moves toward a more multimedia-based future.

2. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I really don't know anything about game consoles and have never owned anything more advanced than the original Playstation, but who can legitimately say there is no way Apple could pull it off? After so many people said MS and Sony were nuts for trying to compete with Nintendo and turned out to be miserably wrong, who knows?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You need to do your research on the Pippin.

4. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

well I dont see it happening, but I think the recent success of apple would give them a small dedicated instant fan base for it. Also, Im not sure they could get developers behind them like M$, Sony, and Nintendo have. In addition, I would think that they would just shoot for better games on their desktop/laptop line first before moving to a console.

PS. This really should have been posted in the "games" section of the forum.

5. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

My dream:

Apple teams up with sony on playstation/vaio stuff. call it the Appny.

it creates playstations that work with ipod, etc. and computers that

incorporate the best of both designs and can dual boot with windows.

they take down microsoft.

apple gets 90% market share.

not going to happen, i kno. but a ps3 with ipod compatibility and mac os x could be apples plan to get into the living room.:D

6. randas macrumors member

randas

Your link is dead, but yah, apple had a console called the pippin. I think it ran os7

7. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

who knows... the xbox 360 is iPod compatible.:confused:

8. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

Why would Apple partner with Sony? They are losing their former glory, and are riding on a dying legacy right now.