iPad Do you think it is necessary to JB my brand new iPAD1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zorbetes, Apr 13, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Just have my iPAd, i was also thinking on how could i Jailbreak this, Do i need some special skill to jailbreak this or is there a site doing all this?

Does JB void warranty? If yes How could I prevent apple from voiding my warranty if I go to there apple center when my iPad brokes?

NEWBIE QUESTIONS!

2. macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

If you can read and follow the instruction, you can JB.

I advise you to google jailbreak and spend sometime before making a decision whether JB is for you or not since it sounds like you are very new to whole computing experience.

3. macrumors member

YES! JB and watch as tons of IPad 2 owners become envious! Hell I know I would!

4. macrumors 601

vincenz

No, don't. What's wrong with using it the way it was intended?

5. M-5
    macrumors 6502a

M-5

If you don't know what you need it for, you probably don't need it.

6. macrumors member

Agreed.

7. macrumors newbie

"Search" is your friend.

8. macrumors regular

It is not necessary. Very few things are necessary. The question is whether it is worth it.

Basically what you have to weigh is the pros and cons of jailbreaking. Essentially, jailbreaking allows you to run unsigned apps/code on your ipad. So the basic question for you to consider is "do any of the unsigned apps have value to you when weighed against the cons of jailbreaking."

The cons: You cannot automatically update the firmware when apple releases it. You will have to follow some tutorials which may seem confusing because there are different jailbreaks for different firmwares. And some firmwares have limited jailbreaks (tethered v. untethered). Finally, a lot of people install unsigned apps which slow down the performance of their idevice (I have not experienced this, but various people complain about this). And if you "accidently" upgrade the firmware, you will lose all your jailbroken apps/customizations.

The pros: that depends on you and what unsigned apps you find useful, so I can't really tell you that. I'm sure people will chime in and give opinions as to the best jailbroken apps are.

9. macrumors 6502

I've been googling this for my own (iPad 1 3G - 4.3.1) and have found several services that say they do this. Shouldn't be too hard.

Anyone have a Jailbreak favorite for iPad 1 (3G)?

10. macrumors 65816

chakraj

Yes!

Google it.

Faves
    Sbsettings
    Backgrounder
    Your tube
    ifile!!!!
    Terminal

11. macrumors member

Do not use a "service". There are great tutorials on www.redmondpie.com for doing JBs. I use sn0wbreeze, others prefer Redsn0w.

12. macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Far from necessary and sometimes a bit of a hassle. It is just a big bunch of tweaks that make it a much more pleasant experience to use, so much so that you may really miss it if you ever decide to not go with a jailbreak.

13. macrumors newbie

Set yourself free and do the jb...

14. macrumors newbie

Now new technology has arrived you may get free software phone spy