Do you think New Displays?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by MacManiac1224, Dec 14, 2001.

1. MacManiac1224 macrumors regular

Why has Apple made such a big move on their LCD Displays? I think it could be two reasons: either they want to compete with other LCD based competitors, or a new type of display is coming out at MWSF? What do you guys think?

2. imspace2 macrumors member

In my opinion the only reason why Apple makes only LCDS is because they look cooler, save your brain,save power(CA Energy Crisis)take up less space and to simply be elite from other LCDs in their price range in terms of looks and performance. The only other usefull new display technology that would come out would be organic display technology which is still years from being affordable

3. OSUbuckeyefan macrumors regular

Well, I'm hoping for new displays (especially an updated cinema display) however, most people do not seem to think that this will happen.
    It's not that I think there is anything wrong with what they have now, I'm just greedy :)

4. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

All those reasons and that Apple whant to be ahead of the game. All home computers will eventuly go LCD. Apple has always been an inovator and leader in home computing. They just want to maintain the lead. While club beige members are just starting to see LCD's at BestBuy and Gateway country, Apple users have had LCD's on their desktops in all their glory. I know I have. All my diehard WinBox users buddies have to gock over my set up.

[Edited by evildead on 12-14-2001 at 12:48 PM]

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Jobs loves the "flash"

Although imspace2 has a point there, I still think it's all about Steve Jobs loving the flash. He likes uniqueness to his hardware and he likes them to be nice, expensive toys (not literally toys, but u get the idea). He's all about what looks killer and what nobody else is doing first. Although there are other LCD screens available from other vendors, I think Apple is the only one offering a size range of LCD only displays.

And anyone who's seen the 22" Cinema Display can agree with me when I say it's one gorgeous piece of hardware!

6. rekras macrumors regular

i think new displays will come along with the g5 whenever that comes out.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

just curious

what makes u think so?

8. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Yes...

According to RailHeadDesign we will see new ASD's at SF.

We will see no more 15", it will be slightly modified (smoother looking to possibly go along with the new tower case) 17", 19" and 22". The 17" is supposed to come in at $599.