Do you think ... ?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by sionilar, Jan 7, 2002.

1. sionilar macrumors newbie

The iMac starring with Steve Jobs and Jonathan Ive on Time. Could the screen be seperated and used otherwis do we think? Just a thought.

2. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

im sure you could... you would simply need to extend the cables from the display to the cpu.

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

why bother?

I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't be worth the hassle to get it to work with another system.....why not just leave a good thing alone?

4. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

I can understand wanting to remove the screen from the new iMac... but only to attach a larger one.

5. networkman macrumors regular

the detachable screen is probably one of the ideas that was thrown around in r and d and maybe it will be the "next" feature of the imac

or how about a screen that can be tilted to a landscape and portrait formats for those who want to surf long pages or do page layout design

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

could u imagine how much that detachable screen would cost?! :eek:

7. ilikeiBook macrumors regular

ilikeiBook

New monitor idea

How about taking the display and neck thing, attach it to a base kind of like the imac and then have an ADC cable connected to the base.

You could then adjust the height angle and rotation of the monitor like you can on the new imac. that would be so cool...:cool:

8. evanmarx macrumors member

evanmarx

even better idea

gee ... even better would be if u coould unscrew the bottom of the imac and take out all the inner parts of the machine and spread it out on a table in front of you ... wow ... i know, i'm a genius ...

:confused: :confused: :confused: