Do you use a touch screen protector on your iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bankaimadness, Nov 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

If I am reading some articles correctly, it indicated that the glass on the iPhone is as hard as gorilla glass.

2. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

While that's true, even gorilla glass can scratch and crack/shatter. It's just a bit more difficult to do so than regular glass.

I have a Ghost Armor full body skin on my iPhone 5. By and large, it looks like a naked iPhone, but isn't nearly as easy to scratch.

3. macrumors 601

vincenz

I say skip the phone condoms and just use it as it was intended.

4. macrumors regular

Sure it has Gorilla glass, but the oleophobic coating still scratches very easily. I don't think that the screen itself ever scratches, but the coating doesn't change from iPhone to iPhone, so its just as vulnerable to scratches as the iPhone 4 and 4s were. I'd definitely use a screen protector if you freak out about small scratches.

5. macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

My naked iPhone 4S has been dropped several times , face down, in my gravel driveway, and once in a bar, right on the corner. I got the warrantee so I didn't fret, but I am amazed how durable this thing is. Once or twice could be luck, but four or five? Ridiculously strong phone.

6. macrumors 65816

boomhower

I don't. After a year and some change my iPhone 4S was fine. My wife carriers her phone in her purse just bouncing around with all her junk. After a year and a half her iPhone 4 is fine. The glass is hard and if you make a decent attempt to take care of it you'll be fine.

7. macrumors 6502

I have tried them on my previous phone but I always end up peeling them off after a few hours or days. They make take away from the quality of the screen in my opinion.

8. macrumors 6502a

Minhimalism

This is what always happens to me. My "must protect huge investment" phase doesn't last all that long. I also make sure to keep my phone only in my pockets without other things in said pocket, so I don't ever scratch them. If I do, it's just hairline and who knows where that comes from, you know? Haha

9. macrumors 68040

boshii

That's why you get a glass screen protector. Feels just like the original glass.