Do you use an external keyboard with your laptop?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dan7592, Jan 23, 2007.

1. dan7592 macrumors regular

I just got a wired apple keyboard. I love it. My favorite part about it is that there are 2 usb ports on the back of it. Before I got the apple keyboard today, I was previously using a standard dell keyboard. The apple keyboard is ten times better. I love it. What do you use?

2. nutts macrumors member

Apple wireless keyboard and wireless mighty mouse.
    Oh, and a direct line to the nearest store for ordering batteries.

Only joking, they're not bad at all for battery life, and I love the fact there are no cables anywhere near the front of my desk to get tangled up in.

3. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

nothing. one of the best things about having a laptop is all the desk space it clears up.

4. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

MB with Apple wireless keyboard and Logitech VX Revolution mouse :D :apple:

5. DigitalN. macrumors member

personally all I use is a mouse simply for the fact that after I type on the Apple wireless keyboard, my fingers tend to hurt, as I have to press harder on the keys for it to register.

6. JPT macrumors regular

I use Apples External keyboard (Wired) and my Logitech MX1000

I love em both :D

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Gone through a PowerBook 'Pismo' G3, iBook G4 and now a MacBook. Never had the need for an external keyboard. Just too much of a hassle with an external keyboard (possibly because I rarely use my laptops on a desk; I usually just have it on my lap/sofa. :)

Tried an external mouse a couple of times, but always gone back to the trackpad. As with the keyboard it's just easier that way...

8. bartelby macrumors Core

I occasionally use my BT keyboard and I use my BT mouse more often.

9. Cue macrumors regular

Only while running on closed-lid mode. A macally icekey and a Logitech V270 BT. :D

I rarely use a mouse on the move as well, since I need to move my fingers further away from the keyboard! :p

10. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I use a wireless MM sometimes. When I'm doing something that I have to click a lot with I use it. I'm getting an iCurve soon and when I do I think I'm going to get a wireless keyboard to go with the mouse and use those all the time.

11. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

I use an IBM keyboard with my MBP, which works quite well apart from some US/GB issues. The MBP's keyboard is fine, but I am more at ease banging away on the external.

12. elcapo macrumors newbie

I just use the MBP keyboard. About the mouse... Logitech G5 wired is quite good....:p

Maybe if i buy a 20 inch screen i will buy an apple wireless keyboard.

Bye!

13. jhande macrumors 6502

I just use the MB keyboard (and like it) and an Intuos3 tablet.

14. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I use an Apple Bluetooth keyboard with my Macbook, but only because I have to wear a Medic Alert bracelet and I don't want it to scar the wrist rest on the MB. Also use a MacAlly BT micro mouse, but it is going back for the third time as this one is defective too. Love the mouse, just can't keep it working. Glad it has a 3-year warranty!

15. emw macrumors G4

emw

At work I use a macally keyboard and trackball, but only because I'm also connected to a 20" ACD. I've never used an external keyboard on my laptop unless I've been connected to the monitor - that just seems wrong :p

However, I do miss not having the number pad on the laptop keyboard...

16. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I've never used an external keyboard with my laptop. I do have a Radtech BT500 mouse that I used on occasion, since the trackpad doesn't work so well for me in Illustrator or Photoshop. Because I definitely do not possess mad skillz, I need every advantage possible.:p

17. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I use a Logitech wireless thinline for Mac when I am not traveling. I also use a Bela for FCP when editing.

18. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

I use an Apple BT Keyboard and a Radtech BT mouse when I'm home at my desk.

19. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

an old corded logitech Elite keyboard!

less fatigue imo.

20. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I use my old red iMac keyboard and a cheap mouse.

21. kerisimasi macrumors member

had a wireless mighty mouse

I own a wireless mighty mouse and never use it - for two reasons:

1. The right click works once out of every five clicks (and yes, I have tried all the tricks - lifting finger completely off, etc.)
    2. It is much easier to reach down to the trackpad then reach off for the mm.

anyone know if wired mighty mouse is better with the right click than wireless??

22. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

I have the same problem with the wireless mighty mouse i have. I was wondering what the heck i was doing wrong because I just gave my old wired mighty mouse to a friends after I got the wireless one. The wired one I had before never have the problem of right clicking.

23. Cristian macrumors 6502

Cristian

I don't but I'm planning to buy the wireless mighty mouse.

24. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i use an apple wireless keyboard and a logitech mx revolution mouse for my macbook. it's connected to an external display, and i usually run everything lid-closed.

25. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Logitech mouse, MBP keyboard. The keyboard is just the best keyboard I have ever used, so I tend to use it over any external ones.