Do you use an external mouse with your Powerbook/iBook?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by King Cobra, Sep 8, 2002.

?

Do you use an external mouse with your Powerbook/iBook?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. King Cobra macrumors 603

Y/N?

If you use a portable, do you use an external mouse? If so, which brand? Or do you just like trackpads?

2. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

Heck yah, I almost never use the trackpad. I have two Logitech mouseman opticals. One at work, and one at home. I like that in jaguar, they added the, ignore trackpad while mouse is present feature.

3. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

you weren't kidding! as you know i use a Contour MiniPro 2 button optical. It's tiny, matches the TiBook and comes with a nice little protective case.

4. King Cobra thread starter macrumors 603

>you weren't kidding!

Heh. Well, it was just so you could get an idea of how many Mac portable owners use mice. :D

BTW, I would get one of the MacAlly mice if absolutely necessary. But I'm rather happy with the trackpad.

Happy selling. :cool:

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I have to use a mouse for my TiBook when working...cannot get enough accuracy with the trackpad to do vector/photoshop work...

Apple Pro :D

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

i use a mouse when not at work, but at work i have a 9x12 intuos2 tablet - which is awesome.....

7. nickmcghie macrumors regular

The trackpad serves me fine, but when sitting down at a desk, I prefer a mouse. Right now I use an Apple Pro Mouse with my powerbook.

8. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i once used a clamshell ibook with one of the internal mice n it was hard to use lol, external mouse all the way, cuz it seemed as if the mouse button was too far away or somethin

9. ibjoshua macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

MS wheel mouse optical. one of the things MS actually does well in my opinion.

i_b_joshua

10. iGav macrumors G3

Ditto..... if I'm on a train (or anywhere else with limited table space) and I don't have any creative work to do, or I'm just programming then I can go without the mouse.... when I'm at home though, it's my WACOM that gets the use.....

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah, my friend has one and i've used it a couple times. i go to hit the button and i end up hitting the area b/w the mousepad and button... seems just a bit too far.

i don't own a laptop, but if i did i would definitely use a mouse with it whenever possible..... especially for gaming and graphics and whatnot...

12. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

I do sometimes. I do at work, but not at home.

13. stromie952 macrumors regular

I use my external Microsoft Trackball Explorer (sigh) because at the time when I bought it, it seemed to be the best one to fit my hand.

Although it did die once, it was replaced quickly by Microsoft.

14. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

When I'm at my desk, yes...otherwise, no.

Mousing is much more comfortable for long periods of time with a real mouse.

15. BongHits macrumors regular

the apple pro mouse is the biggest POS around...not only 1 button (acceptable for most mac users) but it scrolls SLOWER than anything i've ever seen...its ridiculous...but hey if u like it y not...itonly requires me lifting my hand 3 times to cross my desktop

16. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

You do know you can adjust the tracking speed, right? :rolleyes:

17. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Bought the Apple Pro mouse. Returned it and got the Macally optical scroll mouse instead. Didn't think I would use the scroll all that much. Now, I wonder how I ever lived without a scroll mouse all these years.

18. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

I like the trackpad.... I have been using Notebooks for years, so I have adapted to it:p

19. Inhale420 macrumors regular

i have one too, my wrist problems virtually vanished once i got one.

20. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I use the trackpad with my iBook. For scrolling, I use the Griffin Technology Power Mate Volume Knob/USB Input Device. I programmed it to scroll in IE, I programmed it to do quick edits in FCP and iMovie, and I programmed it to work in a ton of other apps. Plus, it serves as a volume knob and looks really cool sitting next to my iBook! I suggest everyone check it out. They are available at the Apple Online Store.