Do you use voice recognition?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by imacintel, Nov 12, 2006.

?

Do you use voice commands/recognition?

1. Yes-all the time

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Yes-occasionally

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. no-never.

19 vote(s)
    76.0%
  1. imacintel macrumors 68000

Do you use Mac OS X Voice Commands? I use it occasionally, when I feel like dealing with an idiot. :D

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I played with it a little bit when I first got my Power Book, but then my Mic stopped working for some reason so I've never used it since. Even if my mic worked I doubt I'd use it - it's pretty pointless.

3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

When I play chess and I'm alone, I do. Otherwise people look at you strangely and mothers cover their children's ears and eyes.

but seriously i tried this at borders book shop and some guy asked me "Why the hell are you talking to your computer?"

4. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

Yes!

After a horrible lawn-mower incident, I lost nine of my fingers shredded in the blades. At least I can still give someone the finger.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I used it a lot around Mac OS 8.6 but not so much anymore. Occasionally, if it's quiet, I can get a lot of things done by making some scripts speakable.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Needs more 'Strine-speak 'fore I'll be buggered messin' with the bastard.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I've played with the Mac's speech input features, and I think I once wrote a speech-processing script, but I have never used it regularly.

I don't really know how well it would work for routine tasks when I'm in a noisy room at work or home.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Plus, I can't imagine using a machine without music playing! :eek:

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Sometimes, just to show off for friends. It'd be more useful if it didn't seem to slow down my iMac (2GHz G5 w/ 2GB RAM) and close itself all the time. Plus, even with the key word enabled, sometimes it responds to my TV and very loudly announces the time or moves to the bottom of the page. Or opens some random app.

I hear it's better in Leopard, but I didn't get a chance to play with it when I last used it.