Do you want to be a single forever? Or, do you want to get hitched?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by YS2003, Oct 26, 2006.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Some people prefer to be single forever. Some want to enjoy the company of partners (married or not). I sense some of the members on this site are borned to be single by the way they post their comments. I am curious to know the reason "why" they choose to stay single or get hitched (opposite or same sex).

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I'd like to get married... to the right person.

Getting married to the wrong person is worse than being single, I think.

3. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Ehh...
    Single for now.
    Partner for later.

If I find a good one, later might be sooner than anticipated.

4. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Ya know, there for a while I thought I would be single forever. I didn't meet my soul mate until well into my 30's. There's no accounting for the way this funny old world turns.

5. aquajet macrumors 68020

Have a partner now. Will we ever get married? Doubtful.

6. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I think your post hit the nail on the head. By looking at your previous posts on this forum, I believe you are very well-off financially. Bad break ups will take your half of your wealth down the drain. In the country of high divorce rate like USA, I know I will never marry the person in this country.

7. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

I would not mind a long term partner if it works.

8. vniow macrumors G4

Married. Definitely. To the right person of course as clayj said...

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If your primary reason to avoid marriage is a concern over potentially losing wealth, you're well-advised to avoid marriage, because clearly that whole "love" thing isn't particularly motivating to you.

10. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Yeah, that's what prenups are for. :p

Seriously, if I did find the right person, certain things (namely, my art collection) would be protected by whatever legal means necessary. I'd likely transfer ownership of them to my nephew before I got married, or donate them to a museum (as a "Promised Gift"). No one's taking my art collection from me. :)

11. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

I wish there is some type of "federal warranty" which guards against the defective marrage. But, reality is buyers be aware and all sales are final.

12. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I plan to get married. It's pretty important to me. For one thing, I want a family/kids. But, for the next few years, single is just fine.

13. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

recommendation: stay single. 'the right person' thing is propaganda.

14. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

I'm married, got a kid and another on the way, life rocks.

Apart from what this statement says about you as a person, being married allows you to accumulate wealth in way that single people can't.

15. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I definitely want to get hitched. I don't want to rush into it though, I want it to be undeniably 'right'. :) But I also want it to be soon :).

e

16. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I am 16 so dont intend of getting married now butr in the future, definately. I want to settle down and have my own family but around the age of 28is but it probably won work out as planned.

17. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

If I ever had a woman say she wants to marry me, I'd tell her to seek medical attention immediately. ;)

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

if i ever come across a woman who doesnt want to marry me, she better seek medical attention! SNAP just kidding im not that concieted. although at times i wonder how some guys have girls while i dont....

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I want to get married to someone a lot. I mean, really. I don't know why. I'm in a relationship, and while it we haven't dated for years and years, I think she's amazing and I could totally imagine it happening with someone like her.

But there's a catch to everything....

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I can't wait to get married. I've been with Caroline for 5 years now and I knew when I first saw her that I'd be with her forever. I don't want to be single. I really can't see the positives of it, but if your happy single then go forth and be chuffed!

A little off topic. but does anyone remember that Natasha Bedinfield song "Single", singing about how great it is to be single blah blah. Then she comes out with some song about being madly in love? *forgot the name. God I hate pop music.

21. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Hitched is what I want to be...but with the right woman.

22. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

Will get married... when I meet the right person. Dunno when that'll be. :eek:

23. Queso macrumors G4

Ever so often I do miss the single lifestyle, but the thought of being without my partner isn't attractive at all. He's the one for me definitely.

The important thing with a relationship is to realise that each of you is going to change over the course of time, and to make allowances for that. Those that expect their partner to always be the way they were aren't going to be happy together for long.

24. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

I'm 18 at the moment, and currently single.

I don't like being single too much, I prefer the "warmth" that a good relationship can bring. I'll definately want to get hitched in the future, but like most people have said, I'd wait and make sure it was to the "right" person :) I'd also prefer sooner rather than later, but I definately wouldn't want to rush anything.

25. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    All of my relationships have failed. And I do mean failed in the worst sense. The only constant variable in them is me, so obviously I suck.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to die alone. Meh, not like a dog can't replace the companionship of a woman. No lying, no BS, no games, no stealing, no cheating. That dog, will always love you as long as you treat them alright.