Do you watch Music Videos/Movies with your iPod Video?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bembol, May 25, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2006
    I don't think I've seen anyone use their iPod Video and watch Music Videos or Movies. Where I work out 4/10 who own iPod's are Videos and I just find it strange that no one uses it...

Also, is there a case that have neck strap? I tried several stores include Apple and they don't make...again strange that I found one for Nano?
  2. macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, I very regularly use my iPod Video to watch movies/videos on. I find the screen fine for watching videos, I don't need a widescreen display, as none of the movies/videos I watch are widescreen.
  3. macrumors regular

Aug 1, 2006
  4. macrumors 6502a

May 1, 2006
    New Zealand
    I absolutely use mine to watch videos. I have encoded a whole load of full length movies and TV shows for it. The screen is small but very clear and I used it extensively on a long flight recently. The capacity is the best part as I have an 80GB iPod. I could have got loads more on it if I had only encoded at 320x240 but I have used 640x480 so I can plug it into a TV. Last night we watched a movie with it plugged into an LCD HDTV and the picture was quite reasonable. Not full DVD quality but watchable. I also have a Sony PSP with 1GB memory stick but I don't use it as much as capacity trumps the bigger screen every time.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Dec 14, 2006
    East London, UK
    No. It's like reviewing your stamp collection.
  6. macrumors regular

Mar 9, 2006
    I'll occasionally watch a music video on mine, if I'm bored. I have some TV shows on there that I've never bothered to watch. The screen is too goddamn small.
  7. macrumors 601

Jan 10, 2005
    I do. When I have free time in my uni I watch movies, music videos.

But I mainly just use my iPod for music and file storage ("Other" files take about 28 gigs on mine and the iPod is full at the moment) ;)
  8. macrumors regular

Feb 4, 2007
    New York
    I mainly use my ipod for my huuge music collection...but i do keep my 5 favorite movies on my ipod for emegerencys like sitting at in the ER or waiting in line at the DMV
  9. macrumors 6502a

Jul 30, 2006
    i have a nano so watching movies is out of the question.

but i do intent to buy a widescreen nano to watch vids if apple makes one.
  10. macrumors regular

May 1, 2007
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Before my ipod broke (my fault, nobody elses), I used it for videos all the time. Especially when using video out through a tv. I currently have 142 TV Shows and 42 movies which i used to rotate onto my ipod, just putting on what i was in the mood to watch and taking off whatever I had watched recently.