Doa4. Wtf....

Discussion in 'Games' started by XNine, Dec 29, 2005.

1. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Alright, so Best Buy says Dec 30th, others say Dec 28th, and yet again some say Dec 29th. IS there anyone that works at a game store that ACTUALLY knows, 100% when this game will be available? It's one of the main titles that I bought the 360 for, (that, and DOA XVB 2).

I'd love to play it this weekend as I have three days off and that will give me time to get the love of my life (Kasumi) down with the new fighting updates.

Thanks,
    O

2. Symtex macrumors 6502a

It's still a mystery. My educated guess is that it will be available in store on December 31th or January 2nd.

3. Aarow macrumors 6502a

4. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Dead Or Alive 4.

5. Symtex macrumors 6502a

I thougth it was Delayed or Alive 4 ? :)

6. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

ZING!!!!!!!!!!

That stings. *cries* I want it soooooooon!

7. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

8. PowerMike G5 macrumors regular

Don't you mean Delayed or Arrived 4?

:)

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Us poor old Europeans wont see it in UK or Ireland until 20th February :(

This is why I hate region coding games. If I want to play DOA4 I should have the right to purchase that game from the states and play it on my 360. The publisher and game makers are still getting their sale so what difference does it make.

They go to all the trouble of having a near enough simultaneous launch for the console but not the games.. AGHHHHH :mad:

10. Symtex macrumors 6502a

I don't know who decided to take the PAL has a standard in Europe. It it was NTSC you wouldn't have the problem of waiting for PAL version.

11. qzak macrumors 6502

yeah, should be in stores tomorrow. it shippped today. i called the EB Games near me and they said they'll have it tomorrow.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

But does HD resolutions see any difference?

I thought 480p/720p/1080i were the resolution and the amount of lines and hz are the same regardless of NTSC/PAL...

13. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

You sexy beast you!

I can't wait man. I love DOA. When I had a modded xbox I even made a 2nd copy (legally) of my DOAXVB game on it, with the nude patch. lmao Even the GF loved that version! :eek:

Godbless DOA. Godbless Tecmo!

14. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Absolutely love that game. DOA 4 was going to be the sole reason for me to buy a 360. Its too bad that I spent money elsewhere and could no longer afford the 360.

cheers

15. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Delays like this got little to do with NTSC vs PAL. Even if we used NTSC (which I'm glad we don't), we'd still have to wait for localization (even if we want, or need, it or not).

It's not impossible to release a game at the same, or nearly the same, time in the US and Europe. Some do. Wish more whould get off their lazy butts and do the same thing.

...and I'm interested in DoA4 too. Just need to get an Xbox 360 first :p

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I know they claim that localisation argument, but if they can release the game the same time in Canada, then they already have the french localisation down...

I guess i'm just grieved that the four games I was looking forward to the most and pre-ordered months and months ago have all slipped into the new year / spring... (oblivion, gears of war, ghost recon, dead or alive) :eek:

Still waiting for Microsoft to send out the coffin for my dead 360 as well, so going on the current status I might have it back around the same time :D

17. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

You guys really prefer DOA: Another to Soul Calibur? Ack!

18. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Thats hot. ;)

I <3 my modded Xbox.

19. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

DOA 4 is now in my posession, and as of 530 tonight, I will be playing with Kasumi, age 99 of course. :p

20. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

I prefer Soul Calibur to DoA (as proved by my confused Ivy comment; I was actually thinking about the white haired assassin, whos name escape me at the moment).

It's just that it's hard to get exited about a game when it's only released on a console you don't own, or plan to own. Otherwise I'd be all over SC3 by now.

Yah, but then they still got German, Spanish and often a couple of others too. Plus localised packaging. And the European release usually have a different publisher. Sometimes a bad one.

21. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Bah! Inferior fighting system! DOA owns SC. The women are hotter, the physics are better, the counters are much more fluid. SC screams "I'm not fluid at all!" Reminds me of Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

And Dubbzy! Don't you ever confuse Christie with that hussie Ivy!!!! Or I may just have to eat your soul!

22. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

I love Christie too, but Ivy whould kick her ass any time of the day :p ;)

*runs away*

23. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

:eek: :( :mad: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

24. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I got it today from Gamespot, can't wait to hook back up the 360 again.

25. XNine thread starter macrumors 68040

XNine

Well, I've already beaten it with all but one of the the major characters. Helena is next. The game in itself is difficult to adjust to since some of the characters moves have been updated/changed and the countering system is much tougher to control (unlike DOA 3 where I'm the king of counters).

The cinemas are awesome, especially when you see the girls in all (well, most) of their nude glory.

Now if I can only find a girl like Kasumi in real life. I'd let her kick my ass everywhere.

The end boss is a real bitch, too.