Dock and remote questions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by LastLine, Nov 18, 2005.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

Hey all

Just looking at getting that new Universal dock for the ipod.

Few questions if I may.

1) Obviously this is compatible with the 4G ipod but can I charge it and link up to speakers at the same time?

2) Is the dock compatible with the nano? I assume it is for charging but can't figure how it'd work for music playing.

3) What's thge battery life like on the remote?

4) Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative to the apple remote?
    Cheers guys

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Few answers:
    1) Yes. There is a line out port on the back. Connect your speakers to it. The dock connector cable connects in the back as well.

2) It is compatible with the nano. The dock comes with an adapter (a plastic resizer thing) for the nano.

3) That, I don't know. But pretty long, I would imagine.

4) If you want to use the universal dock, then (currently and for the foreseeable future) no. Otherwise look at the other available dock/remote combinations.

3. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

So the nano can play music through the port at the back? Sweet, I'd kind of assumed that it'd use the headphone socket as a line out which would've meant a no go for the nano (with it being at the bottom)

Perfect :)

4. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Well since the universal dock does have a line out, then yes you can output music with any compatible ipod slapped into the dock.

I don't know if you know about www.ilounge.com, but you should really
    check them out and read their reviews on the apple dock/remote and the other docks/remotes that are available.