Dock Background Changes?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by FlamDrag, Feb 7, 2003.

1. FlamDrag macrumors 6502

Hello all,

I've seen a few screen shots where people have made their dock either completely transparent or inserted an image back there. Does anyone know how to do this in 10.2.3?

I have followed the instructions on this ResExcellence page but things seem to have changed in 10.2.3. left.pdf, middle.pdf and right.pdf don't seem to exist on my computer.

I have opened every package I can find and looked though every plist file for any clues. While I found plenty of places to customize a zillion OTHER things in the process, my goal still eludes me.

Can you shed some light on this situation for me? I don't even need step-by-step but how about someplace to start?

Perhaps Apple made the background part of the compiled portion of dock.app and I'd have to decompile (not gonna do it) it to find the answer?

I appreciate it.

Crap, I posted this in the wrong place. :eek: Sorry Arn, it was unintentional - this should be in Tips/Help

2. Frisco macrumors 68020

3. FlamDrag thread starter macrumors 6502

Those two applications are very nice.

However I would still like to place an actual IMAGE in the dock background.

Thanks for those two links!

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I would use one of the apps to change the dock then hunt down the file that they install in your prefs. Open it and change the .pdf that they use to make it transparrent.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk