Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Hopefully this is the right forum, if it's not, sorry.

Am I right in thinking that the ipod nano with now work with the new universal dock (with the dock adaptor that is shipped with it)? And will i be ablke to use a audio and video out (one to tv, to screen photos, one to hi-fi, to play music) AND the remote that can be bought seperately.
I know this info should take about 2 mins to find on google, but i couldnt.
Thanks

0s and 1s

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2004
OK, USA
I came by the Apple store last night (to buy the video iPod) and asked them about this. The newer iPods with the universal dock adapter will work with both old and new docks.

This is unfortunate for people who purchased the nano Dock. It makes it practically obsolete. Perhaps this is why I couldn't find it on Apple.com last night or at the store for that matter.

snowmoon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Albany, NY
Yes the nano should work in the new unversal dock and the remote will work with it yes the audio out shoud work..... but.... I don't know if the nano has video out capabilities! You will NOT be able to view pictures on a TV with the nano.

EDIT: The specs for the nano do not list any video out capability and I doubt that it's there. I could be wrong though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.